This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Observations on OP at sea
I ordered a 9255 from Ebay, so I'll have both. Hoping the 9255 reduces cpu load some.
Let me clear this up.

I initially used the 9250, but when I looked to order more mpu I could only get the 9255. I could no longer find the 9250.

The differences between the two are irrelevant for openplotter, so either is technically capable of the same thing for what we are doing.

Someone had basically copied the 9250 code to make the 9255 work changing only the part where it checks the id, I merged this fork into mine.

The code was very inefficient because it didn't use the internal fifo for the compass, and actually gave wrong readings (by mixing high and low bytes between two different samples sometimes possible) in some cases at higher sample rates

I fixed both these issues reducing cpu to 1/10th what it was, while giving always the right readings, but I only bothered to do it for the mpu9255 assuming the 9250 was being phased out..

So as it stands, right now, in openplotter, the 9255 is using my improved driver, and the 9250 the old code. It would be trivial to either copy the 9255 changes back to the 9250, or better yet, to just handle both by a single driver that accepts either id. I will probably try to do this fairly soon, I didn't realize anyone cared about the 9250.
Thank you, I was/am using the 9250 ONLY until the 9255 arrives from china Smile