This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alexa at openplotter
Due to my looking arround for lovely adons i was stoping with alexa to automate things with openplotter.

Alexa runs in a good way on a raspberry pi and i thought i will just try it... If you follow several instructions its relative easy to run alexa in the same pi i use for open plotter. What are the little hints and nickelings?

First is the port 3000 what is used by our well loved Signal K server. but this hint can be solved to change in the companion www file to give alexa another port. In my case  it is port 3100.

At openplotter so in genel raall runs well but somehow in my installation there is no popup to register the device. i hope saillog as maintainer do in future support alxa installation. it seems at this point in nmt are changes.... to make yours own voice notification system. Anker alarm notyfied by voice, waterdeepth warnings and switshes are so no more a real problem. use a sonoff for 4 euros and you have a switch. In general alexa dot can interact with signal k

Maybee some like to play and install alexa... if its helpfull for specialized marine skills we will see. i think its worth to play with it. investment is just a usb microphone.
A Video instruction how to get it to run without openplotter.

The problem in a openploter installation is that the Popup window do not works in the first initialisation to register your Openplotter Alex Device with Amazon Develpers. 

I did not find it out yet why i can not register. Intermediate solution is to install without openplotter register and than make a new openplotter instalation.

Maybee someone can fix this.