This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Poll: Do you want qtVlm integrated into OpenPlotter?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
57.14%
20 57.14%
No
42.86%
15 42.86%
Total 35 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Integrate qtVlm on OpenPlotter
I have never used qtVLM. But can see both sides. I live in Canada to use digital charts i am forced to use BSBv4 or spend 10X the price with the disclaimer that they can not be used for navigation, Since i will not use Windows. I am forced to use Wine with openCPN Windows version. I would prefer the option of using this plugin in Linux. But the main reason i have used linux as my operating system is because it is open source, Linux is stable, secure, powerful and democratic because of all the eyes on the code and if i don't like some thing i can change it. I understand openCPN and respect their view to allow pugins for the windows version and not Linux.
I have used openplotter for a bit now and even bought Tar a 1976 Tanzer 26 sailboat so i could use it.
Having said that I do not have an issue with a plugin that is separate from the code as long as i have choice. It is your baby.
When i have a hard time with a decision, if it feels funny, i walk away you can always change your mind, most of the time, maybe. But i am a ginger.

Hi everybody. Thank you all for your work and comments. I voted yes but now I totally agree with your decision and if it is quite easy to install qtvlm, I think this is the perfect way to keep opencpn and his open-source development on the foreground.
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f121...74738.html
Yes they saw their mistake and the opens our centre place seems to be deleted. Open plotter can open there a platform. I guess it's better to download there than in mega. Mega it's not the most trusted place because it's a dot com Plattform where in earlier days illegal software and videos was exchanged.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk
(2017-10-10, 09:23 AM)Sailoog Wrote: qtVlm Integration would be just like opencpn integration. Installed with shortcuts in menu and desktop, required packages installed, settings by default to connect with NMEA multiplexer, default background maps loaded, updates from openplotter menu.

agree, but one little snag remaining is support / sharing of oeSENC charts in qtVlm - maybe adding qtVlm to OP installation will encourage them to develop o-chart  integration.
(2017-10-18, 10:59 AM)Sailoog Wrote:  opencpn developers have plans to add mbtiles and improve grib and weather routing management and having another app doing this it could demotivate opencpn development.

People are working to test and simplify the weather routing plugin for OpenCPN. If you are interested in Weather routing, please try out the latest Beta and add your comments:

https://github.com/rgleason/weather_rout...1.1104beta
Users have the choice between using qtVlm or the Weather Routing Plugin.

It is recommended that you use the weather routing plugin as it is now stable and qtVlm is no longer free software (source code is not available).

https://opencpn.org/wiki/dokuwiki/doku.p...er_routing