This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dingy geofence
i am trying to set up a geofence for the dink.so that if it tries to get away it will trigger an alarm
dingy has orange pi zero gps signalk server.
i have it sending navigation.position with mqtt..to OP working..
i am trying to set a geofence switch node on OP i set the contexts to the uuid of the dingy and send it the navigation.position  and select use my position, but it says no position under the node .
am i doing this wrong.?

what i want it to do is use the boat's cords for center of fence and if dingy moves 8 or 10 meters away set an alarm in the boat and trigger a kill switch maybe flash a light, Siren on the dingy.
i got it working now 
i had to add the dingy to SK data providers in openplotter ...Wink
using websocket instead of mqtt..

edit...on the bench with the gps antennas a foot apart. i had to set the distance to 30m to stop getting false positives..