This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Poll: Can we remove Freeboard node red module?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
96.00%
24 96.00%
No
4.00%
1 4.00%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we remove Freeboard node red module?
Exclamation 
Freeboard node red module is not maintained and is causing troubles with extra node red modules installation and updates. Can we remove it?
Yes, kick it out!
Just a quick note re clarity ...
The thread title and the questions asked in the poll ask different and contradicting questions. Be careful how you answer !

NO - Im not using it
YES - Remove it
(2017-10-19, 08:16 AM)affinite Wrote: Just a quick note re clarity ...
The thread title and the questions asked in the poll ask different and contradicting questions. Be careful how you answer !

NO - Im not using it
YES - Remove it

You are right Angel 

Now, they are equal.
I did not used it but i saw that it gave conflicts and someone give me the tip to move the folders during installation and updates...

My comment i defenetly looking by something like this or similar... maybee you contact scott bender from the wilhelm sk iphone app. i do not have an iphone but i wait that he transfer it to android... Under condition we try to find something smilar i vote also for deleting it...

I think its more important to find more developers for the moment. I did prepare a press release in german that you are decide for open source.... maybee you ask arround for someone that is able to make a good intro video... my examples are just a fast click...
Hi i did vote for delete it but did review myself. First a saw more activity in free note related things as fom open plotter this year. I do not use it.

Main development is done by one of the signal k developers and this year he did mainly work on a git that have no relation to signal k.

I am translating for the moment signal k development and as far as I understand free node is only necessary for arduino to work with signal k. So question is more if the people like to use arduino or not... units with low ram of 4 MB for example

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk
(2017-10-21, 09:22 AM)tocan Wrote: Hi i did vote for delete it but did review myself. First a saw more activity in free note related things as fom open plotter this year. I do not use it.

Main development is done by one of the signal k developers and this year he did mainly work on a git that have no relation to signal k.

I am translating for the moment signal k development and as far as I understand free node is only necessary for arduino to work with signal k. So question is more if the people like to use arduino or not... units with low ram of 4 MB for example

Tocan please read more carefully! It's about freeBOARD node which is a dashboard for node red. It hasn't been updated quite some time.
Besides thats if you need a certain additional node it takes you basicly two clicks to install it!
I do not understand why there is any need to deliver none default nodes with openplotter since the installation is so darn easy and one single outdated node can mess up the whole node red installation.
(2017-10-21, 11:06 AM)shark24 Wrote:
(2017-10-21, 09:22 AM)tocan Wrote: Hi i did vote for delete it but did review myself. First a saw more activity in free note related things as fom open plotter this year. I do not use it.

Tocan please read more carefully! It's about freeBOARD node which is a dashboard for node red. It hasn't been updated quite some time.
Besides thats if you need a certain additional node it takes you basicly two clicks to install it!
I do not understand why there is any need to deliver none default nodes with openplotter since the installation is so darn easy and one single outdated node can mess up the whole node red installation.
Not everybody have yours skills and in review of the different things I just mention here why it's suggested by the signal k team. And because one of the signal k heads is the developer of free node it's an easy stuff to contact him that things can be fixed. I review his git and saw that he did marked also parts as deprecated there.

I never did work with arduino but recently I bought 2 and around 100 sensors in a set to take first steps in winter time. SAILOOG mostly do not touch things he have in his git and I do not understand this forks there... In such case also you can drop MQTT or node red. The ones I did ask they use it say no because to complicate. I did ask German ones.

i don't think Freeboard is complicated just ugly and causes problems installing other nodes.. node-red,arduino and MQTT are Easy once you figure them out.
jim
(2017-10-22, 10:58 AM)jim321 Wrote: i don't think Freeboard is complicated just ugly and causes problems installing other nodes.. node-red,arduino and MQTT are Easy once you figure them out.
jim

The implementation of sailloog i just saw it is freeboard for node-red and this was not clear to me. main developer rob42 i speak about is using freebord directely with signal k. Here was a time some discussion about styles of gaughes and i did like them but do not remember it was done with freeboard. The typical gaughes in node red i realy do not like maybe one of the most reasons i did not put much energy in them until now. In general i try in my thinging not to use node red as long no step by step examples exist. with fhem i get similar results and works for me.