This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion for updated install pkg
(2017-10-24, 02:39 PM)tocan Wrote: Hi monos, can you provide yours system somehow? Please od not use Mega for download and give maybe a more step by step instruction? i did plan to use my old squeezebox or logitech multimediacenter to openplotter but i did failed in this because of dependancies. I saw that still one developer makes start to make a plugin for alexa.

You can download the compilation I made for myself from the public channel called openplotter that you can find in Telegram.

https://t.me/openplotter/4

Simply do a search for the word "openplotter" in the Telegram application and the channel will appear to which you can freely join and download what you prefer.

The manuals are in Spanish, but there are things like Android apps that can be useful to a variety of users.

As the channel was originally created to be shared with the huge user base in the Spanish forum, you will find this compilation in Spanish as soon as you install it. However, you can switch to the language of your choice with the usual tools.

This is the original compilation that Sailloog created for version 0.10.0 to which I have made all the system upgrades as well as the update to version 0.16.0 of openplotter. Later, with the idea of implementing booting from a USB drive, I tried to replace the NOOBS 2.3 with which sailoog created the original compilation with the latest version of NOOBS, the 2.4 that does support booting from USB. I just added a little salt and pepper in the form of some icons and different backgrounds.

I tried to see if it worked using a small 16 Gb Sandisk USB drive and it worked perfectly. 

[Image: 5048_3-500x400.jpg]

I called it penguinPlotter in order to be able to use it and test if it worked correctly without confusing it with the original one created by sailoog.... and, of course, because I like to tune my working environment. Big Grin

You can try it and share the results with us.
(2017-10-24, 04:00 PM)waterman480 Wrote: monos is the one that did this.  However, I will be trying it the next time I get to shore - too expensive to do it by cell phone.

monos? If you have a blog please publish instructions under CC-BY-SA License. Ilike to test it and maybee upload it with instructions to sourceforge. Sounds promissing also for future updates. If you like you can publish it with also at my blog and i will care to give it a serious layout. In that case no registration necessary. I sort out dayli spam. Publishing in german prefered but any language is possible. With gravatar looks more nice if you like.

(2017-10-24, 05:26 PM)monos Wrote:
(2017-10-24, 02:39 PM)tocan Wrote: Hi monos, can you provide yours system somehow? Please od not use Mega for download and give maybe a more step by step instruction? i did plan to use my old squeezebox or logitech multimediacenter to openplotter but i did failed in this because of dependancies. I saw that still one developer makes start to make a plugin for alexa.

You can download the compilation I made for myself from the public channel called openplotter that you can find in Telegram.

https://t.me/openplotter/4

Simply do a search for the word "openplotter" in the Telegram application and the channel will appear to which you can freely join and download what you prefer.

The manuals are in Spanish, but there are things like Android apps that can be useful to a variety of users.

As the channel was originally created to be shared with the huge user base in the Spanish forum, you will find this compilation in Spanish as soon as you install it. However, you can switch to the language of your choice with the usual tools.

This is the original compilation that Sailloog created for version 0.10.0 to which I have made all the system upgrades as well as the update to version 0.16.0 of openplotter. Later, with the idea of implementing booting from a USB drive, I tried to replace the NOOBS 2.3 with which sailoog created the original compilation with the latest version of NOOBS, the 2.4 that does support booting from USB. I just added a little salt and pepper in the form of some icons and different backgrounds.

I tried to see if it worked using a small 16 Gb Sandisk USB drive and it worked perfectly. 

[Image: 5048_3-500x400.jpg]

I called it penguinPlotter in order to be able to use it and test if it worked correctly without confusing it with the original one created by sailoog.... and, of course, because I like to tune my working environment. Big Grin

You can try it and share the results with us.

You was more fast... i have telegram on my mobile but not active now... its this the software like whatsapp only secure? exists for pc too?

The documentation is CC-BY-SA? also signed so?
Sorry, I don't have a blog or any other media outlet. I don't even think this contribution is worth it since it's nothing more than putting together files, copy-paste and compress again. There are no programming tasks at all.

It's just a little botched job that I did with the aim of helping my less experienced Spanish colleagues to advance with openplotter since sailoog, for reasons that are irrelevant, refused the Spanish forum.

The only work really done by me is a splasscreen made with Gimp for pure gaming pleasure, and the change of color palette for CM93 cards that comes with OpenCpn by default for another Swedish style that I like more as seen and can be downloaded from the OpenCpn website. In reality, all that is in this building is what sailoog and his collaborators have created previously. All the recognition belongs to them.

Adding the NOOBS 2.4 was nothing more than an experiment with a happy ending. I didn't even have to compile NOOBS from the source code.

But if you wish, later I'll put a little guide of how I did that botched job.... if I remember.  Big Grin

But of course, the fastest way to test if it works is to download the compilation from Telegram and put it in a USB to see if it boots correctly.

Sorry if it took so long to answer. I'm Spanish-speaking and I have to use translators to make sure I don't say anything stupid (at least not more stupid than usual) when I answer.  Angel
Thanks for sharing monos. We will try to build the stretch version as soon as possible. We are still dealing with some adaptations that should be made and we want to reach the stable stage on 0.10.0 before publishing the new image based on raspbian stretch
(2017-10-24, 05:51 PM)tocan Wrote: The documentation is CC-BY-SA? also signed so?

Yes, you can use Telegram from any device. Either from a specific application (IOS, Android, Windows, GNU/Linux, MacOS) or using the web version. I even use it from the Rpi with Openplotter using the web version and thus download directly to the Rpi from the Telegram channel.

In my opinion I think it is preferable to wassap in security issues and not for encryption reasons but rather for the policy of respecting the user data.  

But there are all kinds of opinions about this. However, in terms of functionality and usability, it is tremendously superior.

By the way, years ago I left wassap... 

Regarding whether it meets the requirements of the CC-BY-SA... I guess there is nothing that hasn't come out of OpenPlotter directly.
(2017-10-24, 06:18 PM)monos Wrote: Sorry, I don't have a blog or any other media outlet. I don't even think this contribution is worth it since it's nothing more than putting together files, copy-paste and compress again. There are no programming tasks at all.

It's just a little botched job that I did with the aim of helping my less experienced Spanish colleagues to advance with openplotter since sailoog, for reasons that are irrelevant, refused the Spanish forum.

The only work really done by me is a splasscreen made with Gimp for pure gaming pleasure, and the change of color palette for CM93 cards that comes with OpenCpn by default for another Swedish style that I like more as seen and can be downloaded from the OpenCpn website. In reality, all that is in this building is what sailoog and his collaborators have created previously. All the recognition belongs to them.

Adding the NOOBS 2.4 was nothing more than an experiment with a happy ending. I didn't even have to compile NOOBS from the source code.

But if you wish, later I'll put a little guide of how I did that botched job.... if I remember.  Big Grin

But of course, the fastest way to test if it works is to download the compilation from Telegram and put it in a USB to see if it boots correctly.

Sorry if it took so long to answer. I'm Spanish-speaking and I have to use translators to make sure I don't say anything stupid (at least not more stupid than usual) when I answer.  Angel

Thanks monos for sharing also, as i like to see such projects user based adaptions. I plan to give them an extra category.  Feel free to post in spanish here and after sorting out it will be translate in 117 languages at the moment. If someone asks in his own language also comments are translate to spanish than and yours answers in other languages...

At the beginning its same than an ordinary online translator but everyone can without registration improve it in short time. Its not so much to have a proper translation first and thats useful for all but i hope in that way to win developers and supporters without to have programming skills.

http://donau-grundel-schiff.de/es/beitrag-schreiben

Look here in german video how translaton and improvement works.
http://donau-grundel-schiff.de/es/hilfe-tutorials  Video is in German but i am shure you will understand.
(2017-10-24, 10:43 PM)tocan Wrote:
(2017-10-24, 06:18 PM)monos Wrote: Sorry, I don't have a blog or any other media outlet. I don't even think this contribution is worth it since it's nothing more than putting together files, copy-paste and compress again. There are no programming tasks at all.

Thanks monos for sharing also, as i like to see such projects user based adaptions. I plan to give them an extra category.  Feel free to post in spanish here and after sorting out it will be translate in 117 languages at the moment. If someone asks in his own language also comments are translate to spanish than and yours answers in other languages...

At the beginning its same than an ordinary online translator but everyone can without registration improve it in short time. Its not so much to have a proper translation first and thats useful for all but i hope in that way to win developers and supporters without to have programming skills.

http://donau-grundel-schiff.de/es/beitrag-schreiben

Look here in german video how translaton and improvement works.
http://donau-grundel-schiff.de/es/hilfe-tutorials  Video is in German but i am shure you will understand.
I did found a instalation script on Pete scrgill's blog. It's special designed that all things depend of Raspberry pi running well complete mqtt , node red make no problem. I suggest to have a deeper look inside. And it runs on every pi. Sailor will save a lot of time and fixes. https://tech.scargill.net

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk