This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost I2C, 1 wire upgrading to 0.16.0
I upgraded to 0.16.0 and now have no I2C and no 1 wire (temperature probes). The MCP3008 ADC is fine, as is data from NMEA0183, GPS dongle. 

Debug window says IMU not found, barometer not found, humidity not found. 

The green light on the IMU is lit, and connections seem to be ok.

I restarted on the I2c and the 1 wire tab and restarted the pi. I removed the configuration from 1 wire. 

I ran the 0.16.0 upgrade a second time. No change.

I went in to clear the i2c hardware in openplotter.conf but it was already blank. 

I thought maybe my older IMU might not be supported now so unplugged it leaving only the humidity sensor and 1 wire and still can't get the other sensors up.

i2c and 1 wire are turned on in raspberry pi configuration.

I can't certify that these sensors were working in the moments prior to the upgrade, but they had been working when I last checked them a couple days prior. I will get more methodical with hardware troubleshooting when I have an opportunity. Nobody else seems to have complained of issues like this.
Something similar happened to me. Having a bad connection on any I2C device can affect the rest of I2C devices.
Hardware failure. Bad sda or scl pins on my Pi 3 apparently. That makes two Pi 3's I have with dead GPIO. Pi 2 never fails.
(2017-11-06, 05:18 PM)Saqqara Wrote: Hardware failure. Bad sda or scl pins on my Pi 3 apparently. That makes two Pi 3's I have with dead GPIO. Pi 2 never fails.

Be carefull not to connect 5V i2c devices to yor pi. Allways use 3,3V or with older i2c chips an Converter!