This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
signalk-vesselsetup-plugin cannot be installed
Hello, everyone.now that one problem has been solved, a new one appears. 

I want to install the "signalk-vesselsetup-plugin". 
The following error message:

Code:
npm, ,ERR!, Linux 4.9.35-v7+
npm ERR! argv "/usr/bin/node" "/usr/bin/npm" "install" "signalk-vesselsetup-plugin"
npm ERR! node v6.11.4
npm ERR! npm  v3.10.10
npm ERR! code EREADFILE
,npm ,ERR! Error extracting /home/pi/.npm/signalk-vesselsetup-plugin/0.4.3/package.tgz archive: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/home/pi/.npm/signalk-vesselsetup-plugin/0.4.3/package.tgz'
npm ERR! 
npm ,ERR! If you need help, you may report this error at:
npm ERR!,     
,npm ERR! Please include the following file with any support request:
,npm ERR!     /home/pi/.config/signalk-server-node/npm-debug.log

If I understand the message correctly, the file is missing. But I didn't find anything to download them. Apart from that, other plugins also download themselves automatically. 

I tried to download the plugin from the SK-AppStore. See Error.

I tried to enter "npm i signalk-vesselsetup-plugin" in the terminal. See Error.

What can I do?
Angel  Entschuldigung für mein Englisch. Es ist "deepl.com english"
PN bitte auf german.  Big Grin
This is a signalk-vesselsetup-plugin issue, I have reported it: https://github.com/joabakk/signalk-vesse.../issues/17
Thank you,
I thought it was just me and the mistake exists only with me.
Now we will certainly be helped.
NoT much luck: https://github.com/joabakk/signalk-vesse.../issues/17
Hi
The installation has worked. I could make entries.
I will test it at the next opportunity to see if my ship is shown on Marinetraffic. I hope I have entered all input correctly in the plugin.
If the test was successful, I will contact you again and then the thread can be marked as solved.
Greetings Jürgen
Hello, everyone. 
the plugin can now be installed. 
I'm afraid I can't really begin with that yet. When I have entered and saved everything, I can't see or control it anywhere. At http://localhost:3000/@signalk/freeboard-sk/ I can see my ship, but without the data I have entered. 

The plugin stores the data in a *. json file in /home/pi/.config/signalk-server-node/settings

I tried to copy the data to the file 
/home/pi/. openplotter/openplotter-settings. json
to be entered. 
But then I can't start the surgery anymore and get the following error message. 

Code:
Error: Can't open file /home/pi/. openplotter/openplotter-settings. json
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/pi/. config/openplotter/openplotter", line 3535, in <module>
    MainFrame (). Show ()
  File "/home/pi/. config/openplotter/openplotter", line 73, in __init__
    self. vessel_self = checkVesselSelf (self. conf)
  File "/home/pi/. config/openplotter/classes/check_vessel_vessel_self-. py", line 52, in __init__
    raw_uuuid = data[' vessel'][' uuid']
TypeError: list index must be integers, not str

I have no idea how to proceed now.
Greetings Jürgen
(2017-10-14, 12:32 PM)Luckbert Wrote: Hello, everyone. 
the plugin can now be installed. 
I'm afraid I can't really begin with that yet. When I have entered and saved everything, I can't see or control it anywhere. At http://localhost:3000/@signalk/freeboard-sk/ I can see my ship, but without the data I have entered. 

The plugin stores the data in a *. json file in /home/pi/.config/signalk-server-node/settings

I tried to copy the data to the file 
/home/pi/. openplotter/openplotter-settings. json
to be entered. 
But then I can't start the surgery anymore and get the following error message. 

Code:
Error: Can't open file /home/pi/. openplotter/openplotter-settings. json
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/pi/. config/openplotter/openplotter", line 3535, in <module>
    MainFrame (). Show ()
  File "/home/pi/. config/openplotter/openplotter", line 73, in __init__
    self. vessel_self = checkVesselSelf (self. conf)
  File "/home/pi/. config/openplotter/classes/check_vessel_vessel_self-. py", line 52, in __init__
    raw_uuuid = data[' vessel'][' uuid']
TypeError: list index must be integers, not str

I have no idea how to proceed now.
Greetings Jürgen

There seems to be a space between openplotter-settings and .json

Joachim
Luckbert, I am afraid this is not going to work. I did not know how the plugin works but I see now that it is not compatible with OP. OP needs manage the signal k settings file where all NMEA 0183/2000, sensors, etc inputs and outputs are defined. If another app take control of this file most of the features of OP will not work and signal k server never will start.

We should define the signal k keys you need to describe your boat in Signal k tab in OP interface. Now we just allow MMSI to identify your boat. Let me know what signal k keys you need and let's pass this thread to feature requests forum.