This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Upgrade problem ?
Are you having problems during the upgrade or after? If during it may be your mobile connection. If after, I am beginning to suspect that you have power issues. SD cards are sensitive to brownouts during writes. Perhaps a better power cord would work. Many of the USB cords are crappy. Last year I had fits with file corruption until I bought new heavy duty cables. Now I now longer have those problems. My most recent build from scratch was about two weeks ago (and unfortunately done over mobile).
(2017-10-29, 11:27 PM)waterman480 Wrote: Are you having problems during the upgrade or after?  If  during it may be your mobile connection.  If after, I am beginning to suspect that you have power issues.  SD cards are sensitive to brownouts during writes.   Perhaps a better power cord would work. Many of the USB cords are crappy.  Last year I had fits with file corruption until I bought new heavy duty cables.  Now I now longer have those problems.  My most recent build from scratch was about two weeks ago (and unfortunately done over mobile).
I'm using an ETH  wired connection (not Wifi).
Of course I checked the power supply, I'm using 2 power units 2 000 mA each, 1 for the RPi, the other for the USB Hub.

For me the 'path' from Noobs 0.10.0 to release 0.16.0 is dead.

I found a quite strange the question which comes up in the process, (but I will not spend a fourth day triyng to cathch it). It was someting like : "We need to uninstal XXXXX, do you agree Y/n ? I may be a not good idea (sic) if ....."

I'll be offnet for the coming days (till next WE included). Cool
If some one could test the process from Noobs 0.10.0 to OP beta 0.16.0 this would bring some light in the matter !

See you soon !
Cordialement
Didier B
Pi4, SSD USB3, OP 3.0 Touch SK 3.2.1 OpenCPN  5.8.4 :  Thank you  Thank you  Thank you

(2017-10-30, 12:38 PM)Didier B Wrote: If some one could test the process from Noobs 0.10.0 to OP beta 0.16.0 this would bring some light in the matter !

Did it by the books two days ago.
Formate SD -> copy NOOBS OpenPlotter 0.10 -> install OpenPlotter -> connect to router -> update OpenPlotter to 0.16 beta

worked flawlessly
(2017-10-30, 12:38 PM)Didier Wrote: "I found a quite strange the question which comes up in the process, (but I will not spend a fourth day tryng to cathch it). It was something like : "We need to uninstall XXXXX, do you agree Y/n ? I may be a not good idea (sic) if ....."

This is a new build, so you are not worried about saving old data.   Answer yes to all questions during the upgrade.

I still suspect power issues.  During your upgrade remove all equipment except your keyboard, mouse , and monitor.  Also get a different cable to go from you power supply to the Pi.    
There are great changes going on in signalk.
At some points OpenPlotter needs updates.
But we are not able to use latest signalk with kplex at the moment!
I hope the problems in signalk will be fixed soon!
Did you try this solution from another thread? It worked for me when I had the same symptoms.

Go to:
/home/pi/.config/openplotter/openplotter.conf
or
/home/pi/.openplotter/openplotter.conf
and edit and delete all I2C sensors:

[I2C]
sensors =
Well, well,well !
Spent 5 1/2 hours on that 4th attempt, see lamentable results below (1) !
OP cannot be started, same as attempts 1, 2 and 3 !

Saqqara : nothing in my I2C section in openplotter.conf, see copy of file content below (2)
Waterman480 ; I used an excelent power supply with an attached cable ! I must say it was not the case in attempts 1 and 3
Shark24 : Lucky you are !

Thanks for your answers !
I guess I will sleep on it now
(1)
===
pi@openplotter:~ $ openplotter
Signal K starting
module.js:471
throw err;
^

Error: Cannot find module 'express'
at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:469:15)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:417:25)
at Module.require (module.js:497:17)
at require (internal/module.js:20:19)
at Object.<anonymous> (/home/pi/.config/signalk-server-node/lib/index.js:22:15)
at Module._compile (module.js:570:32)
at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:579:10)
at Module.load (module.js:487:32)
at tryModuleLoad (module.js:446:12)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:438:3)
[Errno 111] Connection refused
Signal K starting
module.js:471
throw err;
^

Error: Cannot find module 'express'
at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:469:15)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:417:25)
at Module.require (module.js:497:17)
at require (internal/module.js:20:19)
at Object.<anonymous> (/home/pi/.config/signalk-server-node/lib/index.js:22:15)
at Module._compile (module.js:570:32)
at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:579:10)
at Module.load (module.js:487:32)
at tryModuleLoad (module.js:446:12)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:438:3)
[Errno 111] Connection refused
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/pi/.config/openplotter/openplotter", line 3535, in <module>
MainFrame().Show()
File "/home/pi/.config/openplotter/openplotter", line 224, in __init__
self.page_sk()
File "/home/pi/.config/openplotter/openplotter", line 2994, in page_sk
response = requests.get('http://localhost:3000/signalk')
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/requests/api.py", line 60, in get
return request('get', url, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/requests/api.py", line 49, in request
return session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 457, in request
resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 569, in send
r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/requests/adapters.py", line 407, in send
raise ConnectionError(err, request=request)
requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: ('Connection aborted.', error(111, 'Connection refused'))
pi@openplotter:~ $

(2)Spent
===
Copy of /home/pi/.config/openplotter/openplotter.conf

[GENERAL]
version = 0.16.0
state = beta
repository = openplotter
lang = en
# openplotter installation path relative to home
op_folder = /.config

[AIS-SDR]
enable = 0
gain =
ppm =
channel = a
band =
gsm_channel =

[NMEA0183]
sentences =

[STARTUP]
delay = 0
opencpn = 0
opencpn_no_opengl = 0
opencpn_fullscreen = 1
kplex = 1
x11vnc = 1
vnc_pass = 0
gps_time = 1
maximize =
play = 1
sound = /home/pi/.config/openplotter/sounds/Store_Door_Chime.mp3
node_red = 1

[CALCULATE]
mag_var = 0
mag_var_rate =
mag_var_accuracy =
hdt = 0
hdt_dev = 0
hdt_rate =
hdt_accuracy =
rot = 0
rot_rate =
rot_accuracy =
tw_stw = 0
tw_sog = 0
tw_rate =
tw_accuracy =

[N2K]
enable = 0
can_usb =
pgn_output =
pgn_generate =
output = 0

[WIFI]
enable = 1
ip = 10.10.10.1
device = wlan0
share = 0
ssid = OpenPlotter
password = 12345678
hw_mode = g
channel = 6
wpa = 2
bridge = 0

[GPIO]
sensors =

[TWITTER]
enable = 0
apikey =
apisecret =
accesstoken =
accesstokensecret =

[GMAIL]
enable = 0
gmail =
password =
recipient =

[ACTIONS]
triggers =

[1W]
ds18b20 =

[UDEV]
usbinst =

[SMS]
enable = 0
serial = 0
bluetooth =
connection =
enable_sending = 0
phone =

[MQTT]
broker =
port =
username =
password =
topics =

[I2C]
sensors =

[COMPASS]
rate =
magnetic_h =
heel =
pitch =
deviation = [[0, 0], [10, 10], [20, 20], [30, 30], [40, 40], [50, 50], [60, 60], [70, 70], [80, 80], [90, 90], [100, 100], [110, 110], [120, 120], [130, 130], [140, 140], [150, 150], [160, 160], [170, 170], [180, 180], [190, 190], [200, 200], [210, 210], [220, 220], [230, 230], [240, 240], [250, 250], [260, 260], [270, 270], [280, 280], [290, 290], [300, 300], [310, 310], [320, 320], [330, 330], [340, 340], [350, 350], [360, 360]]
variation =

[SPI]
mcp = [[0, 0, '', '', 0], [0, 1, '', '', 0], [0, 2, '', '', 0], [0, 3, '', '', 0], [0, 4, '', '', 0], [0, 5, '', '', 0], [0, 6, '', '', 0], [0, 7, '', '', 0]]

[TOOLS]
py = [['Analog ads1115', 'put analog values to SignalK', 'analog_ads1115.py', '0'], ['Analog Firmata', 'put analog values to SignalK', 'oppymata.py', '0'], ['SignalK Simulator', 'change values with sliders and send values to SignalK', 'SK-simulator.py', '0'], ['Auto Setup', 'configure basic system', 'autosetup_tty.py', '1']]
Cordialement
Didier B
Pi4, SSD USB3, OP 3.0 Touch SK 3.2.1 OpenCPN  5.8.4 :  Thank you  Thank you  Thank you

The error comes from signalk.
Go to .config directory
Delete or rename signalk-server-node
git clone https://github.com/signalk/signalk-server-node.git
cd signalk-server-node
npm install
(2017-11-08, 12:25 PM)e-sailing Wrote: The error comes from signalk.
Go to .config directory
Delete or rename signalk-server-node
git clone https://github.com/signalk/signalk-server-node.git
cd signalk-server-node
npm install
Thanks e-sailing
I Did that.
5th - no 6th attempt (on 5th attempt Noobs froze at 3 % of the installation of OP) !

The light improvement is that now, when trying to launch OP, I get that message saying :
"SignalK doesn't work. Openplotter will exit because  it was not able to start SignalK"

It appears that the correction on github doesn't clear the issue ...
Cordialement
Didier B

Having done this many times (and again on Friday), it appears that the problem is at your installation. Bad internet, bad chip, bad power, or failure to allow to get to completion. It also should take less than an hour, so perhaps your internet is the issue.

Are you getting message to hit enter to reboot? There are long pauses when nothing happens on the screen. The only time I have ever had problems were when the Raspian server was down for an hour (Friday morning), and when I had a bad power cable. There is definitely not an issue with the software build. Even though it generates many error messages, the end results work.