This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pypilot Hardware Recipes
I was thinking along the lines of Pelagic's drive unit:

https://pelagicautopilot.com/products/pe...ller-drive

There seems to be a huge amount of these linear actuators available with differing specs, so was hoping that someone out there with more knowledge than myself may have sourced a particular actuator with specs to suit this application. Putting this another way, what specs would I be looking for to
source something like this?

Looking at the Simrad TP32 specs:

187lbs thrust
10 inches throw
24 inches length to center of throw
No data on speed of response that I can find.

I would think something like this would be a really useful option to go with the pypilot for those that don't have a broken commercial tillerpilot and don't want the control lines in the cockpit that comes with the windshield motor option.