This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Esp8266 - esp easy
Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you know I did a fresh install of OP and ESP Easy. Everything is working perfectly now! Mysteries of modern technology...

Thanks for your help and time!
(2020-06-08, 06:20 PM)denderah Wrote: Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you know I did a fresh install of OP and ESP Easy. Everything is working perfectly now! Mysteries of modern technology...

Thanks for your help and time!

?
I've been playing with this for a while too. 

I tried UDP and ran into some problems around the UDP connection plugin, not being happy about the source names being different in the incoming JSON.

I found that in order to log to influx-db I need to use the setting to synthesise the date as if replaying  from logs, but this is not ideal. I would like to know if there's a way to take the ESP system date and put that in the message?

As the only thing I'm really interested in is long term logging of this data, I'm working in celsius for now.

I've also tried using custom rules to produce signalK JSON if anyone's interested: 

Code:
on System#Boot do
 timerSet,1,1
endon

On Rules#Timer=1 do
   Publish /vessels/self/environment/temperature/Fridge1K/, '{"updates": [{"source": "Fridge1Rule","values":[ {"path":"environment.temperature.fridge1","value": '[fridge1#temp]' }]}]}'
   Publish /vessels/self/environment/temperature/Fridge2K/, '{"updates": [{"source": "Fridge2Rule","values":[ {"path":"environment.temperature.fridge2","value": '[fridge2#temp]' }]}]}'
 timerSet,1,1
endon
Anyone care to walk me through this - I am utterly stuck after having been away from it all for a while. Undecided In short I want to some of the stuff @Paddy did a while back. I want to send SignalK data over MQTT and display it on a 2004LCD preferably 4 values. Anyone able to walk me through it? D1Minis with ESPeasy.
FYI. openplotter-iot app is about to be published. It contains a local MQTT broker and python MQTT clients to communicate with local and remote brokers. Never tested ESP Easy but it should work perfectly with this new app.
(2020-07-15, 01:05 PM)Sailoog Wrote: FYI. openplotter-iot app is about to be published. It contains a local MQTT broker and python MQTT clients to communicate with local and remote brokers. Never tested ESP Easy but it should work perfectly with this new app.
I've just had major heroic help from @tkurki to sort out my MQTT conflicts messing up my SK server, so I guess the last thing I need is another MQTT server. :-o As a noob I do need some pointers so I can understand the MQTT logic. preferably a setup example using ESP Easy - with or without LCD and with or without node red.
(2020-07-16, 05:06 PM)Ranur Wrote:
(2020-07-15, 01:05 PM)Sailoog Wrote: FYI. openplotter-iot app is about to be published. It contains a local MQTT broker and python MQTT clients to communicate with local and remote brokers. Never tested ESP Easy but it should work perfectly with this new app.
I've just had major heroic help from @tkurki to sort out my MQTT conflicts messing up my SK server, so I guess the last thing I need is another MQTT server. :-o As a noob I do need some pointers so I can understand the MQTT logic. preferably a setup example using ESP Easy - with or without LCD and with or without node red.

Ranur I am right there with you on trying to learn MQTT and SignalK. If you have any tips, or step by step advice, I would welcome it.

I have recently learned ESPeasy on a NodeMCU board. I have it reading 1-wire thermisters with no problem. But I can't figure out how to use the MQTT settings on the board to send data out. I could try to give EAPeasy points if you want.
Tom
Unless you really need mqtt for something or you are fluent in it and it’s your tool of choice you can send sensor values as Signal K directly with https://github.com/SignalK/SensESP. Just saying...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wink 
Hello,
as some I have an Esp8266 with temperature sensors which gives satisfaction under OPV1.2, the switch to OPV2.0 is more difficult: SK server Ver1.35.2, when SK MQTT-GW ver 1.3.2 is activated without the box "run local server" is started correctly , when I check "run local server": failure with the mention "Failed to start: Expected 'schema' to be an object or boolean" 
Rather beginner would you have an idea so that I can move forward.
Thank you

[img]file:///C:/Users/f10bd/Documents/bateau/Cartographie/Logiciel/Openplotter/Capture%20%20ConfigV2.0.0/SKMQTTFailed.jpg[/img]
(2017-11-20, 07:53 PM)PaddyB Wrote:
(2017-11-20, 07:38 PM)jim321 Wrote: how are you  getting mqtt to publish i have a bmp280 on there.
what protocol and where do you supply the topic?

Have a look in here -
https://www.letscontrolit.com/wiki/index.php/LCDDisplay

So for the 3rd line in the screen in the photo I send msg.payload = "LCD,3,1,Wps=24K   Wdr=55A"  to MQTT topic /Esp1/cmd
https://www.letscontrolit.com/wiki/index..._Reference

With the Esp MQTT set to subscribe to /%sysname%/# (this boards sys name is Esp1) 

So for your barometer you would b=need to strip out the value and insert it into msg.payload.

For example , for testing I have a function node creating random numbers -
Code:
var random = Math.floor((Math.random() * 100) + 1);
 var random2 = Math.floor((Math.random() * 360) + 1);
   msg.payload = "LCD,1,1,SOG=" + random + "Kts  COG=" + random2 + "M  " ;

return msg;

[Image: 1PvUpix.png]

Works great, need to think a bit about power, would be nice to have a power point in the cockpit and down below but also batteries so you could move it around without switching off.

Ahh Paddy! Still strugeling with this one. I can get the MQTT part worked out, but I am having problems getting the MQTT data transfered to the LCD. Do you remember how you did it?

Best regards
Runar