This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone datalogging?
Hi all, i did very early looking to datalogging and did play from FHEM Base to use at least MySQL for solar and battery. Next step is grafana and influxdb and i got some first steps to run. My suggestion is to include both to openplotter in future. Under normal conditions the most are interest to time now data. such you can put in an array and this way you have both and here come the advantages from my view of point. First thing i like at least to rech next year and i hope for developers ( im sorry to be not one of those to follow the idea even if they do not see the sense in this and have no use for it for the moment).

Special data logging is you can use for sampling data for others. I think at first for the OSM water deapth (damned english hope you know how to write correct) project :-)

Another point i am playing and i was attacked is special with ESP8266.

The sense is in my opinion that we have a server what is the most usefull part in openplotter. But you never walk allone and you can not expect that the boat of yours neighbour have a raspberry pi o board. The step can be that you have in future mobile sensors :-) or pic up Mobile data, which can be discused.

If you travel together the other boat can conect to yours raspberry pi and headles gets own data from signal k. Signal k can also be a Internetserver somewhere and you share data. Mobile sensor needs just be arduino and a cheap ESP.

Maybee i am wrong but i do not support in General Open CPN because of the use of Kap Files and not using the Tiles or MTiles of OSM direct without conversation. 

Anyways to let you know some way. I followed discussion here and other places which display to use and did decide early to use headless.
ow Android 7.x is out and i have splitscreen but screens are still small on a phone but i do not think so...

I did bought recently a 360° 4 K panoramic cam and here things did start because you need to have the 4 K a phone to get the full resolution like Samsung S8 (600 Euros no way or a S7 with broken screen used for 200 Euros) no way I did found a Chinese Mobile for 200 Euros. It have brightness of 500 and a realy big screen of 6.44 inches what match nearly with the Raspberry display. Best is the Battery have the size of a powerbank -5300. So i think that way including split screen i am allmost much more flexible. the 360° will doing panorama fotos but also can be used as simple monitor for the complete boat.

And realy if realy in practize my (phantasy) works correct there is my solution to buy a second one to have at least a 12 inch monitor but also flexible to use. At the moment its in front of christmas and i will try to make some review in my blog and make again such of my stupid videos.

So why i do this point here in this post. My hope is that here are some Android developers that do an easy to use app for the future. I mean support in headless mode some kind of Split Screen for the Headless transfer and support of powerball technology inside openplotter. A powerball on raspberry pi will be great. You tap just one point on the screen and get a lot of predefined Views with just one click on desktop to let popup the view you like to see.

So to understand what i mean I put a touch screen based user improved desktop for fast changing the different applications in fast way for fingerprints just with one click.

Do not understand this video as a pure marketing please. The Mi Max is the absolute first Smartphone i did bought new. Openplotter still is like to use desktop apps and i think to concentrate and to focus to usability in the next generation will be great. Grafana is going in direction of it. And gave me the idea of big buttons by touchscreen what you can make predefined solution for see as much fast as possible the information you realy need. In general with grafana i can do it now. But i think exact this is the way to focus for the next generation of openplotter. Usability improvement. I did not now put an affilate link here but if someone is interesting the way i go can point me a PM. My way is from now data logging with openplotter yes and this with optimised database (influx) and flexible view (grafana) - here i see the best solution to optimize in general touchscreen use and give away the concept a little bit to use old desktop style what is difficult to use when wind and weather give you difficulties. As long you sit at home and testing the virtual boat is not realy moving. But after you go in reality on tour it needs to be optimised.

Messages In This Thread
Anyone datalogging? - by PaddyB - 2017-11-14, 10:03 PM
RE: Anyone datalogging? - by shark24 - 2017-11-15, 10:19 AM
RE: Anyone datalogging? - by PaddyB - 2017-11-15, 10:51 AM
RE: Anyone datalogging? - by shark24 - 2017-11-15, 11:45 AM
RE: Anyone datalogging? - by PaddyB - 2017-11-15, 02:27 PM
RE: Anyone datalogging? - by tocan - 2017-11-15, 03:13 PM
RE: Anyone datalogging? - by PaddyB - 2017-11-15, 03:45 PM
RE: Anyone datalogging? - by tocan - 2017-11-15, 05:20 PM
RE: Anyone datalogging? - by tocan - 2017-11-15, 03:51 PM
RE: Anyone datalogging? - by shark24 - 2017-11-15, 04:49 PM
RE: Anyone datalogging? - by tocan - 2017-11-15, 09:06 PM