This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Introducing OpenPlotter hats!!!
(2018-07-05, 10:11 PM)dlorrain Wrote: Hi,

I tried to install it on a fresh open plotter install on my new rpi 3+ and here is the error message : "

INFO: Loading driver "./i2c-gpio-param.ko".

insmod: ERROR: could not insert module ./i2c-gpio-param.ko: Invalid module format

******************************************************************************************
ERROR occured!!

Could not load "./i2c-gpio-param.ko".

I tried to install it manually and same error Invalid module format

Any idea ?

Thanks

Hello!

Which OpenPlotter image are you using?
Have you compiled the Moitessier tools at your own or do you use the precompiled debian package included in the OpenPlotter image?

This error occurs if the kernel and the modules used by the Moitessier HAT are compiled with a different compiler. The Moitessier modules are loaded dynamically upon booting, so it is essential that they have the same format. If you want to compile the tools/drivers at your own use the official compiler provided by Raspberry.

Regards,
Thomas
Update to the latest openplotter version and install drivers with just one click following these steps:
https://docs.sailoog.com/openplotter-v1-...ng-drivers
(2018-07-06, 08:29 AM)Rooco Wrote:

I tried to install it on a fresh open plotter install on my new rpi 3+ and here is the error message : "

insmod: ERROR: could not insert module ./i2c-gpio-param.ko: Invalid module format

******************************************************************************************
ERROR occured!!

Any idea ?

Thanks

Hello!

Have you compiled the Moitessier tools at your own or do you use the precompiled debian package included in the OpenPlotter image?

This error occurs if the kernel and the modules used by the Moitessier HAT are compiled with a different compiler. The Moitessier modules are loaded dynamically upon booting, so it is essential that they have the same format. If you want to compile the tools/drivers at your own use the official compiler provided by Raspberry.

Regards,
Thomas

Hi,

Very strange I am using the OpenPlotter v1.0.0 IMG downloaded from this website...

I will reinstall it and see if I have the same issue.

Regards.
D.
(2018-07-08, 09:15 PM)dlorrain Wrote:

ERROR occured!!

Any idea ?

Thanks

Hello!

Regards,
Thomas

Hi,

Very strange I am using the OpenPlotter v1.0.0 IMG downloaded from this website...

Regards.
D.

Hi,

On a fresh install, not the same error, but still cannot install moitessier hat propely.

(Lecture de la base de données... 124174 fichiers et répertoires déjà installés.)

Préparation du dépaquetage de .../moitessier_4.14.34_2018.04.29-213134_armhf.deb ...
Dépaquetage de moitessier (4.14.34-2018.04.29-213134) sur (4.14.34-2018.04.29-213134) ...
Paramétrage de moitessier (4.14.34-2018.04.29-213134) ...
Running post install...
Updating HAT firmware...

This script is used to flash the STM32 microcontroller on the Moitessier HAT.

One of the following options can be applied:
    -r : Will load the latest firmware release from the remote repository https://github.com/mr-rooney/moitessier-firmware.git.
         The firmware will be located in "/home/pi/moitessier/flasher/fw/application.binary".
    -s : Specifies the firmware that should be used.
         This option requires the path + filename as parameter
    -f : Forces the Raspberry Pi to shutdown after firmware update. A shutdown + power cycle
         is required only for virgin Moitessier HATs without any firmware.

Note: Options -s and -r must not be applied at the same time!!

**************************************************************************************
The firmware file "application.binary" is used for the update
**************************************************************************************

WARNING: Module "i2c_gpio_param" is loaded, we will unload and reload afterwards.
INFO: Unloading "i2c_gpio_param"
INFO: Loading driver "i2c-gpio-param.ko".
declare -a i2cDevicesToDeleteList=([0]="i2c-7")
INFO: Deleting I2C device i2c-7.
INFO: Creating I2C bus.
INFO: Terminating running processes...
INFO: Killing process kplex.
INFO: gpsd not running.
WARNING: Module "moitessier" is loaded, we will unload to gain access to the required GPIO pins.
INFO: Unloading "moitessier".
rmmod: ERROR: Module moitessier is in use

ERROR occured!!

Could not unload "moitessier"

Error occured. You might try to install the package again.
Finished. If the process has been successful, the system will automatically restart in a few seconds. If there have been failures, check the log and close this window.
I sent you a private message. We might can solve this problem using a Teamviewer session.

Regards,
Thomas
....as long as you share the solution here ;-)
(2018-07-09, 10:15 PM)Smartell Wrote: ....as long as you share the solution here ;-)

Yes, of course!
(2018-07-09, 08:45 PM)dlorrain Wrote:
(2018-07-08, 09:15 PM)dlorrain Wrote:

ERROR occured!!

Any idea ?

Thanks

Hello!

Regards,
Thomas

Hi,

Regards.
D.

Hi,

On a fresh install, not the same error, but still cannot install moitessier hat propely.

(Lecture de la base de données... 124174 fichiers et répertoires déjà installés.)

Préparation du dépaquetage de .../moitessier_4.14.34_2018.04.29-213134_armhf.deb ...
Dépaquetage de moitessier (4.14.34-2018.04.29-213134) sur (4.14.34-2018.04.29-213134) ...
Paramétrage de moitessier (4.14.34-2018.04.29-213134) ...
Running post install...
Updating HAT firmware...

This script is used to flash the STM32 microcontroller on the Moitessier HAT.

One of the following options can be applied:
    -r : Will load the latest firmware release from the remote repository https://github.com/mr-rooney/moitessier-firmware.git.
         The firmware will be located in "/home/pi/moitessier/flasher/fw/application.binary".
    -s : Specifies the firmware that should be used.
         This option requires the path + filename as parameter
    -f : Forces the Raspberry Pi to shutdown after firmware update. A shutdown + power cycle
         is required only for virgin Moitessier HATs without any firmware.

Note: Options -s and -r must not be applied at the same time!!

The firmware file "application.binary" is used for the update

WARNING: Module "i2c_gpio_param" is loaded, we will unload and reload afterwards.
INFO: Unloading "i2c_gpio_param"
INFO: Loading driver "i2c-gpio-param.ko".
declare -a i2cDevicesToDeleteList=([0]="i2c-7")
INFO: Deleting I2C device i2c-7.
INFO: Creating I2C bus.
INFO: Terminating running processes...
INFO: Killing process kplex.
INFO: gpsd not running.
WARNING: Module "moitessier" is loaded, we will unload to gain access to the required GPIO pins.
INFO: Unloading "moitessier".
rmmod: ERROR: Module moitessier is in use

ERROR occured!!

Could not unload "moitessier"

Error occured. You might try to install the package again.
Finished. If the process has been successful, the system will automatically restart in a few seconds. If there have been failures, check the log and close this window.

I finally succeed. Here is what I have done :

1/ A fresh install on the rpi without the hat.

2/ Setup the rpi

3/ Update OpenCPN + Plugins

4/ Turn rpi off

5/ Put the hat on top of the rpi

6/ Install moitessier hat

Regards.
D.
(2018-07-12, 08:46 PM)dlorrain Wrote: I finally succeed. Here is what I have done :

2/ Setup the rpi

4/ Turn rpi off

Regards.
D.

Great that it works!

Still, I want to try to get the same error to verify if there is an issue with the installer of the Moitessier HAT. Can you explain in detail what you have done to get this error?

Regards,
Thomas
(2018-07-14, 06:47 AM)Rooco Wrote:
(2018-07-12, 08:46 PM)dlorrain Wrote: I finally succeed. Here is what I have done :

2/ Setup the rpi

4/ Turn rpi off

Regards.
D.

Great that it works!

Still, I want to try to get the same error to verify if there is an issue with the installer of the Moitessier HAT. Can you explain in detail what you have done to get this error?

Regards,
Thomas

When are the MacArthur and Slocum hats being released?