This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
@mxtommy KIP instrument display webapp for Signalk
Not sure about attaching here, but it seams the best place to ask.

I am tiring to make a setup, where the pi4 and a round screen display (secondary) are the "Captain's computer clock"  =  the watch clock with ships log info all at one quick read.
the primary but dummied 1080i HTML monitor is used with a second menu dock, and would be used with VNC (99% of the open plotter interactions)
What I have so far is that on a multi display the 800x800 round touch display works (but what I would ask for help on is, is setting up a multi instrument display or new KIP?)

I have thought about a conky for the clock but?
see attached rough Idea for a multi instrument display (noting the KIP template/interface does not seam to allow stacking) 
The intent is, a simple ( I know it is not simple to code) multi instrument/computer that when touched wakes the screen for instant information, "before watch or ? ( noting this would be helpful for a quick below deck anchor watch = distance to way point.  and also for those who still have a paper log that is recorded every XX min.  In my case the " open plotter part  would be through the VNC interface", and would be an ipad imbeded in the top washboard, but could include other screens via VNC.  

I missed the title for red gauge is for speed, and the outside rings could be for wind, pressure, RPM or ? = 2 sections that are outside the gps and openCPN data set which is the min for open plotter.

For a rough idea of the hardware see under " How do I...? "   Three blind mice (maybe solved)
Hello. 

My Kip web page after some time working gets delay from signal K data. As you can see in the image, data in Opencpn dashboard is different from the one shown in Kip. Picture was taken while at the marina so no sog, both then apparent wind speed. 

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/u7fufb5mw...yqfb9&dl=0

If I make comparison of signal K data browser (in M/s) to opcpn Dashboard, the data is almost equal. 

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/3ps7egbmu...knuid&dl=0

If I compare this to the display of my wind equipment, Nasa Tacticalthet dashboard gauge gives the same data as the display. 

So it seems that is Kip getting laggy after some time of use. (Chromium web browser). If I reload the page, gets well again. 

This already happened to me in OP V2, and I didn't give it importance, but now, I see the same again in OP V3. (Fresh install).

Anybody has this problem? Any solution for it? Kip, is lovely! 

Thanks!
Hi again!

I am making different trials ans seems that the webserver whcih releases data from Signal K gets clogged. If I reload KIP Webpage, it takes very long to open localhost:3000.
I made a trial installing Firefox ESR and it works worse since the very beginning.
I made a new screenshot with the 3 data ( KIP in FIrefox, Kip in Chromium and Dashboard in Opencpn) , each different!
What can happen? It makes me nuts. Sad
Hi, I have had a similar problem where it seems the Chrome browser has disconnected or gone to sleep, particularly overnight but I don't really use mine in the same where I guess you are using yours. Is this happening after a couple if minutes or hours, any consistency in that? How are you sending data to OpenCPN?
(2023-11-02, 09:54 AM)Boatingbaileys Wrote: Hi, I have had a similar problem where it seems the Chrome browser has disconnected or gone to sleep, particularly overnight but I don't really use mine in the same where I guess you are using yours. Is this happening after a couple if minutes or hours, any consistency in that? How are you sending data to OpenCPN?

Hi, thanks.

As far as I can guess until now, it seems that it is caused by the data intensive calculations that the browser has to make, for historical data, Linear gauges, etc. Keeping the need of these resources down, make things better.

BTW; I have also tried to replicate this in other OS ( Barebone) and it happens exactly  the same, so it seems to be a fault of overflow of data and calculations to be made by the browser.

When this sypmton happens, the brower becomes very sluggish, even when system is still pretty healthy in the availability of resources ( Still many RAM and CPU free usage left).

The Wind gauge seems to be fine, but the linear ones or the historical trend , seriously affect performance.

Concerning how Data is sent to Open CPN; it takes the data directly from SK, If I restart SK server; Open CPN will lose the connection of the data coming from the  USB to serial (Wind data).

It has also  happened to me in my navigation Tablet reproducing KIP in Opera browser, which gets the data to SK via Wifi network,  so it is not an issue with OP, Linux distribution, Android, neither Chromium or Opera. It seems to be a bug related to the capabilities of web browsers of handliing accumulated calculations over time  in several widgets.

Undecided
If you dont open OpenCPN do you still have the issue?
my connection status is connected in kip, everything seems fine and im getting data (only gps at this point)... but whenever i hit the 'new page' button it just circles me back to the kip installation notes page... how do i get to the actual instruments display... the new page button is the right arrow at the bottom yeah?

do i need more data than gps to get to the displays? could it be that im on an old pi3 ?

thanks
Hi, The arrows are for the next page rather than new. Click the bottom right (where settings are) for a new page and to also unlock pages to edit.