This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any help?
I'm trying to connect my DST800 Triducer (NMEA 0183) to OP V2 using a USB to RS422 adapter. Despite correct wiring and OP recognizing it at 38400 Baud, OPEN CPN defaults to 4800 baud, and I'm not getting responses for temperature, depth, or speed. Testing in my office on RPI V3b+. Any help appreciated.
Usual way is for signalk to connect to all the data sources then opencpn connects to signalk with a tcp connection on 10.10.10.1 port 10110
Did you use the openplotter serial app to connect to the DST? That sets up the signalk connection so if all is well you should see the data in the signalk data browser.
It won't go well if both signalk and opencpn are trying to talk to the DST at the same time.
I doubt you'll get a response from "Cedric" Paddy.

Does this look familiar: https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=4831

I have a DST800 Triducer (NMEA 0183) that I'm trying to connect to my OP V2 using a USB to RS422 adapter. I have correctly connected the wires (R+ and R-), and the Receive LED flashes RED. The transducer is receiving 13V. The OP V2 recognizes the device in the serial tab, and I connected it to serial K using AUTO at 38400 Baud. However, when I added it to connections in OPEN CPN, it showed up as 4800 baud. Despite all this, I'm not getting any response for temperature, depth, or speed. It's important to mention that I'm testing this setup in my office before installing it. My RPI V3b+ works fine with the Serial GPS. I'm not very familiar with these processes, so I must be missing something. Can anyone help me troubleshoot this issue? Thank you!

Or this: https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread....ght=dst800

I have a DST800 Triducer (NMEA 0183) that I'm attempting to connect to my OP V2. I purchased a USB to RS422 converter. I correctly connected the wires (R+ and R-). The Receive LED is flashing RED, and I have 13V going to the Transducer. The OP notices it in the serial tab. I connected it to serial K at 38400 Baud using the AUTO. I added it to OPEN CPN under connections. However, it was added as 4800 baud. However, there is no response to temperature, depth, or speed. BTW, I'm doing all of this in my office before I install. Serial GPS works perfectly on the RPI V3b+. I'm not very knowledgeable about this. I'm sure I'm missing something. Can somebody assist me?

Or this: https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread....ght=dst800

I am currently attempting to connect my DST800 Triducer (NMEA 0183) to my OP V2 using a USB to RS422 adapter. I have correctly connected the wires (R+ and R-), and the Receive LED is flashing red. The Transducer is receiving 13V power. The OP V2 recognizes the Triducer in the serial tab, and I have connected it to serial K with a baud rate of 38400 Baud. However, when I added it to OPEN CPN under connections, it was recognized at 4800 baud. Unfortunately, I am not receiving any response for temperature, depth, or speed. It's worth mentioning that I'm conducting these tests in my office before installing the system. I am using an RPI V3b+ and the Serial GPS works fine. As I am not very familiar with this process, I suspect that I might be overlooking something important. Can anyone please offer some guidance or assistance?

Or this: https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=2343

I have a DST800 Triducer (NMEA 0183) and I am trying to hook it up to my OP V2.  I bought a USB to RS422 adapter.  I hooked up the wires correctly (R+ and R-).  The Recieve LED flashes RED and I have 13V to Transducer.  OP sees it in the serial tab.  I connected it to serial K via the AUTO at 38400 Baud.  In OPEN CPN i added it under connections. But it added it as 4800 baud.  but I am getting no response to temp, depth, or speed.
BTW, I am doing this all in my office before I install.  It is a RPI V3b+, Serial GPS works fine.
I not well versed in this.  I must be missing something. 

The last one above looks genuine as the OP responded, the others are Bots I would wager. Just a single post from each of the first three. We've all fallen into the trap!