This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
@mxtommy KIP instrument display webapp for Signalk
(2020-02-24, 09:02 AM)SkipperEarly Wrote: Is https://github.com/mxtommy/Kip/issues the appropriate place to raise feature requests or ideas or is this thread still active?

I cherish the KIP a lot - and hope a solution to the "Save" and "Load" of the customized settings will be developed. The current cut/past solution is rather cumbersome on different platforms.

MXTommy works very well with the output of SignalK. It is also possible to show bearing and distance from OpenCPN in MxTommy. Make an outgoing connection in OpenCPN udp port 2000. Make in incoming NMEA183 addition in the SignalK server also UDP and port 2000. Now is possibile to show distance and bearing to waypoint in MXTommy.

Here an image with several items in Mxtommy Kip.

Input in OpenCPN is also SignalK

Bram

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi Bram,

Thanks for the useful addition. Just for my peace of mind, do we still need to filter these again somewhere, to prevent looping?
Thanks!
(2020-02-27, 03:00 PM)fishy Wrote: Hi Bram,

Thanks for the useful addition. Just for my peace of mind, do we still need to filter these again somewhere, to prevent looping?
Thanks!

You can filter the outgoing stream. I only use RMB and RMC.

Accept/send only strings at the bottom.

Click on the left three dots  botton. Remove everything and check only the items you like to send or receive,

Bram
Hey, that's odd- I have RMB, RMC (as well as WPL, RTE) in the list twice- they are repeated at the bottom of the list.. Is that supposed to happen? I can see no difference between them...
<edit>
Anyway- added only those two (the first of ' em, anyway) and found I needed to drop them from the incoming connection or the SignalK connection activity for only the OpenPlotter talker would climb and climb and the rest would freeze.
After dropping RMB, RMC from the incoming list it works nicely!
Thanks!
</edit>
Thanks Bram - let keep promoting this KIP instrument display! - hopefully more developments will be encouraged.
Allow me some comments to your screenshot:
- Lat, Lon : have already suggested on git to allow also more conventional formatting for coordinates
- why is your navigation.magnetic.variation 0.000 ? Does this value not get updated?
- have you tried to display also "ship time" (LCL or UTC etc) ? I can't manage to get the self.navigation.datetime string properly displayed.

Wish also to repeat my earlier comments: a "save/reload on server" function would be greatly preferential to the current copy/paste of the whole html config code.

Did I mention that I like the KIP display? Wink
(2020-03-06, 08:44 AM)SkipperEarly Wrote: Thanks Bram - let keep promoting this KIP instrument display! - hopefully more developments will be encouraged.
- Lat, Lon : have already suggested on git to allow also more conventional formatting for coordinates
- why is your  navigation.magnetic.variation  0.000 ? Does this value not get updated?
- have you tried to display also "ship time" (LCL or UTC etc) ? I can't manage to get the self.navigation.datetime string properly displayed.

Wish also to repeat my earlier comments: a "save/reload on server" function would be greatly preferential to the current copy/paste  of the whole html config code.

Hi SkipE,

SignalK input is now done direct in OpenCPN. Magnetic variation is show in the WMM setting.

Setting a waypoint in OpenCPN and activate the waypoint then the bearing kompas shows the distance and direction.

This input from OpenCPN in NMEA183 format is transferred to the SignaK server and can be seen in the TommyMX display. Now a great addition is the SignalK Filter.

You can see what is in SignalK stream. See attached image.

Attached Files Image(s)

(2020-03-06, 11:33 AM)verkerkbr Wrote:
(2020-03-06, 08:44 AM)SkipperEarly Wrote: Thanks Bram - let keep promoting this KIP instrument display! - hopefully more developments will be encouraged.
- why is your  navigation.magnetic.variation  0.000 ? Does this value not get updated?

Wish also to repeat my earlier comments: a "save/reload on server" function would be greatly preferential to the current copy/paste  of the whole html config code.

Hi SkipE,

SignalK input is now done direct in OpenCPN. Magnetic variation is show in the WMM setting.

Setting a waypoint in OpenCPN and activate the waypoint then the bearing kompas shows the distance and direction.

This input from OpenCPN in NMEA183 format is transferred to the SignaK server and can be seen in the TommyMX display. Now a great addition is the SignalK Filter.

You can see what is in SignalK stream. See attached image.
Hi Brams,
Thanks, I understand the change to SignalK but maybe we talk x-purpose or I miss your point - I shall start a dedicated new threat for the "navigation.magneticVariation" issue as I believe there is some issue within the SignalK server or Ocpn.

How about the other points - do you support my ideas/feature requests?
Have added some issues at https://github.com/mxtommy/Kip/issues
and hope they get attention.
Users who use and like KIP instrument panel my wish to support/encourage further development by adding comments and contribute ideas/experience Wink
Have seen in github that KIP has been enhanced e.g. customizable coordinate format
but cannot see new version in SignalK plugins.

seems there a two different repositories github and npmjs - I am confused - can anyone clear me up on this please.
SK server fetches the latest version from npmjs. The idea is that you do development in github and publish new versions to npm for distribution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk