This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
@mxtommy KIP instrument display webapp for Signalk
(2020-04-22, 05:11 PM)Sailoog Wrote: It works now, thanks!

Hi Sailoog, sorry if I break, you can explain to non-experts how to install Kip. I have everything updated and it won't open ... "If you want to install it manually, you can go to the .signalk directory where the server has its configuration files and run" npm install @ mxtommy / kip @ 1.0 "- ??? Thanks in advance and good wind ... hopefully! Cool Big Grin
(2020-04-26, 12:47 PM)Max1947 Wrote:

Hi Sailoog, sorry if I break, you can explain to non-experts how to install Kip. I have everything updated and it won't open ... "If you want to install it manually, you can go to the .signalk directory where the server has its configuration files and run" npm install @ mxtommy / kip @ 1.0 "- ??? Thanks in advance and good wind ... hopefully! Cool Big Grin

Was it installed in the server UI? NPM fixed their search so should work.

What do you mean it wont open? like you go to "http://YOURIP/@mxtommy/kip" and get a blank screen? Might mean the app is crashing. If you're interested in helping troubleshoot code, you can try opening your browsers Developer tools to see the Console. There's likely an error displayed there. If you can copy/paste it here I can likely fix it so no one else hits the same bug.

At any rate, clearing your browsing history in the browser should also reset the application's config. (if you dont want to clear all history, you can just delete the localstore for the one site, see here https://www.leadshook.com/help/how-to-cl...e-browser/

Thanks!
(2020-04-26, 04:45 PM)mxtommy Wrote:
(2020-04-26, 12:47 PM)Max1947 Wrote:

Was it installed in the server UI? NPM fixed their search so should work.

What do you mean it wont open? like you go to "http://YOURIP/@mxtommy/kip" and get a blank screen? Might mean the app is crashing. If you're interested in helping troubleshoot code, you can try opening your browsers Developer tools to see the Console. There's likely an error displayed there. If you can copy/paste it here I can likely fix it so no one else hits the same bug.

At any rate, clearing your browsing history in the browser should also reset the application's config. (if you dont want to clear all history, you can just delete the localstore for the one site, see here https://www.leadshook.com/help/how-to-cl...e-browser/

Thanks!

Thanks 1000 @mxtommy, solved by clearing the history! Nice job and good wind!  Ciao.  Big Grin Smile
@mxtommy: Thanks a bundle. Last weekend really enjoyed my new KIP based panel. Nice and clean.
Two (silly?) questions:
You do have the option do show GPS time- a long and boring string. Would it be possible to simply show a (ditigal, 24Hrs format) clock? I have no time telling device outside..
I find the compass dials a win- but they are hard to read. Maybe a bit more contrast , or a dial based on a 'regular' ship compass?

Still- these are cherries, the pie is great, thanks again!
New version released!

Changelog:
# V1.1.0
* A lot of code cleanup!
* UI refresh/cleanup
* Updated dependencies to latest Angular/etc
* Path selection dropdown in Widget settings modal replaced with auto-complete. Also has path description if available
* Config has UUID to that instance (for identifying to server)
* Settings page has updates per second graph
* Start of support for metadata in widgets
* additional notifications settings
* fix Wind gauge wind sectors theming
* Widget select modal refactor into groups

You can try it out here!: http://sail.samoht.ca

(might take a while to show up in npm Tongue)

If anyone has any issues please let me know!
(2020-06-07, 07:49 PM)mxtommy Wrote: New version released!

Changelog:
# V1.1.0
* A lot of code cleanup!
* UI refresh/cleanup
* Updated dependencies to latest Angular/etc
* Path selection dropdown in Widget settings modal replaced with auto-complete. Also has path description if available
* Config has UUID to that instance (for identifying to server)
* Settings page has updates per second graph
* Start of support for metadata in widgets
* additional notifications settings
* fix Wind gauge wind sectors theming
* Widget select modal refactor into groups

You can try it out here!: http://sail.samoht.ca

(might take a while to show up in npm Tongue)

If anyone has any issues please let me know!

Hi, the "unlock" button is gone.  Huh Cool
Hi MxTommy,

the upgraded Kip application looks very nice. Is there a download option to put this version allready on my RaspiOS ?

Thanks for the development of this interesting SignalK application.

Regards,

Bram
(2020-06-07, 10:05 PM)Max1947 Wrote: Hi, the "unlock" button is gone.  Huh Cool

It's been renamed "Edit Layout" (under configuration). If enough people prefer it where it was before it can be moved back Smile

(2020-06-07, 10:11 PM)verkerkbr Wrote: Hi MxTommy,

the upgraded Kip application looks very nice. Is there a download option to put this version allready on my RaspiOS ?

Regards,

Bram

If you're using the signalk-node-server, it's listed under webapps. You can install from there.

Otherwise you can "npm install @mxtommy/kip". This will download Kip into the directory you run the command in. Then mount the "public" directory in a webserver. Note you may need to update the "base-href" tag in "public/index.html" (line 6) to reflect your webserver setup.
(2020-06-08, 09:40 AM)mxtommy Wrote:
(2020-06-07, 10:05 PM)Max1947 Wrote: Hi, the "unlock" button is gone.  Huh Cool

It's been renamed "Edit Layout" (under configuration). If enough people prefer it where it was before it can be moved back Smile

(2020-06-07, 10:11 PM)verkerkbr Wrote: Hi MxTommy,

Regards,

Bram

If you're using the signalk-node-server, it's listed under webapps. You can install from there.

Otherwise you can "npm install @mxtommy/kip". This will download Kip into the directory you run the command in. Then mount the "public" directory in a webserver. Note you may need to update the "base-href" tag in "public/index.html" (line 6) to reflect your webserver setup.
Thanks 1000 @mxtommy!  Wink
Hi Mx Tommy
Thanks for a great App!
Just updated to v1.1.0.
I have changed unit preferences  to knots for speed.
I have a problem with the showing of wind history. I cant get it to show anything else than m/s! A numeric vale box a can change to knots but not (as far as I can find) possible to change in historical dataset.
It worked in the old version.

updated in signalk on a openplotter system

best regards
Johan