This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
@mxtommy KIP instrument display webapp for Signalk
@MXTommy,

I have a feature request - I would like to display times - current time and ETA.  I am especially interested in ETA

currently there is not an ETA spat out by Opencpn but I have created it within 'Derived Data'  - but it is a text string - as the other Dates/times in SignalK and is based on Zulu time.  I would like to be able to show the time in a friendly, usable format.  if it need to be in a different format then I can update the eta.js.  I am currently showing it as the picture below:

if you want to test the eta.js and have Derived data installed then copy the file attached in to the directory:

Code:
/home/pi/.signalk/node_modules/signalk-derived-data/calcs/

Once enabled, you will get a signal k phrase "navigation.courseGreatCircle.nextPoint.eta" when you have a next point and a VMG

As you were talking about creating a screen for XTE in an earlier post.  If it helps, I did create another 'Derived data' term for 'steer error', where XTE is about the distance you are from the Rhumbline, what I think you want to know is the error between your current heading and the next waypoint so I created phrases "navigation.courseGreatCircle.nextPoint.rightSteerError" and "navigation.courseGreatCircle.nextPoint.leftSteerError"  and I display them like the picture below: 

i did also add just steer error and the sign tell you the direction if you prefer.

I have also included the steer_error.js

thanks
Techstyle

Attached Files
.txt   eta.js.txt (Size: 1.23 KB / Downloads: 180)
.txt   steer_error.js.txt (Size: 1.29 KB / Downloads: 172)

Messages In This Thread
RE: @mxtommy KIP instrument display webapp for Signalk - by Techstyle - 2021-02-17, 03:51 AM