This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
@mxtommy KIP instrument display webapp for Signalk
Not sure about attaching here, but it seams the best place to ask.

I am tiring to make a setup, where the pi4 and a round screen display (secondary) are the "Captain's computer clock"  =  the watch clock with ships log info all at one quick read.
the primary but dummied 1080i HTML monitor is used with a second menu dock, and would be used with VNC (99% of the open plotter interactions)
What I have so far is that on a multi display the 800x800 round touch display works (but what I would ask for help on is, is setting up a multi instrument display or new KIP?)

I have thought about a conky for the clock but?
see attached rough Idea for a multi instrument display (noting the KIP template/interface does not seam to allow stacking) 
The intent is, a simple ( I know it is not simple to code) multi instrument/computer that when touched wakes the screen for instant information, "before watch or ? ( noting this would be helpful for a quick below deck anchor watch = distance to way point.  and also for those who still have a paper log that is recorded every XX min.  In my case the " open plotter part  would be through the VNC interface", and would be an ipad imbeded in the top washboard, but could include other screens via VNC.  

I missed the title for red gauge is for speed, and the outside rings could be for wind, pressure, RPM or ? = 2 sections that are outside the gps and openCPN data set which is the min for open plotter.

For a rough idea of the hardware see under " How do I...? "   Three blind mice (maybe solved)

Messages In This Thread
RE: @mxtommy KIP instrument display webapp for Signalk - by Norm - 2023-10-13, 11:07 PM