This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
@mxtommy KIP instrument display webapp for Signalk
I imagine KIP = K Instrument Panel

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Hey! A thing I made! Tongue

Havn't had a bunch of time to work on it lately, as I've been working on another project related to SignalK (ESP8266 based wifi sensors for the boat) but I definitely will be continuing development on KIP in the coming months. I'm replacing my aging electronics and KIP will be what I'm using Smile  

If anyone has any feature requests (including themes, I'm no color master) feel free to ask! Easiest way to keep track would likely be to create an issue on github. I can also usually be found on the SignalK Dev Slack channel.
Thanks for checking in, so glad you found us, and thanks even more for this very cool webapp!

Would like to see a way to show a percentage better on a radial gauge or elsewhere (humidity).

I have a lot of trouble getting several gauges all to stay updated on the same page, but I am not sure it isn't my wifi or slow CPU.

The drop down list doesn't work on the control that is just a red dot (on or off). Boolean? Can't remember what it was called.

Is there a way to delete a page?

I am sure we will be just as interested in your other endeavors!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Hi!

For percentages, I created an issue to make sure I don't forget Smile Link

What are you displaying on? I'm thinking of putting a toggle to disable all animations by default, should help performance. I also tweaked the code for Numeric widgets to be a lot less CPU intense, haven't pushed it out yet though.

For the Boolean Widget, that's a big work in progress. The dropdown is empty as you don't have any paths of that type. (the json value in signalk as true/false, vs a number or a string, the widgets only show you paths they are capable of using, like String widget will not show a number etc.). All boolean does for now is go green when true, red when false. Still at proof of concept on that one  Tongue 

Finally Deleting a page is currently not possible, though it's on the roadmap!

Otherwise this thread has shown me I need to maybe work on some documentation Blush One thing I noticed a few people having issues with is the path for the signalk server. When you first load it the url defaults to the host you loaded the page from. So if you load it from your openplotter it will work default to connecting to your openplotter. If you've hit Load config demo it will change it to get some demo data though. (You can clear the config back to default in the settings if needed).
(2018-02-11, 11:51 PM)mxtommy Wrote: Hey! A thing I made! Tongue

Havn't had a bunch of time to work on it lately, as I've been working on another project related to SignalK (ESP8266 based wifi sensors for the boat) but I definitely will be continuing development on KIP in the coming months. I'm replacing my aging electronics and KIP will be what I'm using Smile  

If anyone has any feature requests (including themes, I'm no color master) feel free to ask! Easiest way to keep track would likely be to create an issue on github. I can also usually be found on the SignalK Dev Slack channel.

Hi! 
Taking the chance to directly place feature requests as well...  Big Grin
  • I like the graph display e.g. for "Pressure in HPa" showing the values / development/ tendency for as long the display is online. After restart all values are gone. Not shure if already on your list but it would be cool to have stored some historical data to display like pressure, temperature or whatever the graph was used for to have at least the values of the last 48/72/96 hours available.
  • Another thing is when defining for e.g. a gauge for let's say temperature it would be also nice to set a "red area" like if when temperature reach a certain value, colour in the gauge is shown in a different way.
It seems like that's on his roadmap on Github:

Roadmap
V0.2
Sailgauge Laylines and sectors
Customization options for radial/linear Gauges
Customization options for Historical Charts
Pre-created widgets for commonly used displays
Redo conversion service
Know at least which type of unit it should be. (either with meta or hard coded/derived from schema)
Default unit for each unit type in config.
Show SignalK status/alert if disconnected
Radial/Linear Gauge Zones
Hash based routing to be friendly to node server *Done!
Boolean state widget
Attitude Indicator
V0.3
Sailing Polars with ChartJS Radar type chart?
Overview page to quickly scroll through known path info.
Alerts/Notifications
iFrame Widget?
Delete Page.
Support boolean values.
Numeric widget max/avg values.
V0.4
Get historical from server.
Coming back to this app - 

Can anyone else display numerical or gauges with openplotter data? All I can seem to get working is text data, other types none of the signalk k paths are there.  Huh

Ta

Edit - Problem solved, it would only show text data because..... that's all there was! Signalk data going in from esp8266's but the numbers were inside quotes, sort that out and it looks great!

One little quirk though, when transferring data over mqtt then converting from mqtt into signalk in openplotter, it sends the data inside quotes which seem to get copied into the signalk string, so the mxtommy app can only display it as text, not as numbers in those nice dials.
I got my gauges all dialed in, and then I changed the IP address of my pi and lost it all. What's the preferred way to save your setup once you're done?

Can somebody point me in the right direction on how to update KIP? The Signal K server doesn't show any updates available, but it's 0.1.6 and it looks like the current release is 0.4
(2018-03-29, 04:00 PM)noworries Wrote: I got my gauges all dialed in, and then I changed the IP address of my pi and lost it all.  What's the preferred way to save your setup once you're done?

Can somebody point me in the right direction on how to update KIP?  The Signal K server doesn't show any updates available, but it's 0.1.6 and it looks like the current release is 0.4

Hi!

Currently Kip's config is stored in your browsers LocalStorage, which is tied to the domain(or ip) of the webpage serving kip. It's not the most ideal, but short of some server-side functionally (kip currently is client-side only webapp) there's nowhere else to store it. That said if you go into the settings, there is a config tab that shows json. You can copy that json, and paste it into the same page on a new instance of Kip, and it will load the settings (including the old server URL, so update that if it changed)

As for updating, the actual released version is still 0.1.6. the 0.2/3/4 stuff is my (ever changing) roadmap. I'm hoping to release a 0.1.7 sometime this weekend or next week, which should hit a few of the features I want for 0.2, as well as has a bunch of refactoring under the hood to make things easier for me going forward.

If anyone has suggestions for the config storage, feel free to suggest Smile

Thanks!
Off the cuff thoughts:

It would be nice to be able to save preset configurations server side, and have them in a query string when you bookmark or share them. But that begs the question do you want any user to be able to modify those configs, and if not we're getting into authentication and all that undesired complexity. But maybe not so hard to have a single password saved in a configuration file that can be changed in a text editor and entered when trying to save a server preset? Perhaps the signal k server url could be part of what is saved? Though we think in terms of this being on and for our own vessel's ship computer, there's no reason with good mobile connectivity that one might not want to look at a friend's boat's data, or someone in an office somewhere might be checking in on boats in a fleet...