This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
@mxtommy KIP instrument display webapp for Signalk
I have have just installed Openploter on my Pi3.  I am trying to get KIP to display real data as opposed to demo.  As I am working at home without the Pi connected to the boat data, I have just picked an arbitrary point in Opencpn and selected goto.  I can now see a bearing and range on the status bar.

I then went to KIP and changed the source in the Settings to http://localhost:3000.
when I update/reset I get 3 green ticks

API URL: HTTP 200: OK. 
Server: signalk-server-node Ver: 1.7.0Websocket 

I used Openplotter to restart the K server.  I also rebooted.
As expected the values in the Dashboard are now null as I have no data for them.

When I try to edit the display values in KIP ( to select Range or Bearing) I just have red lines either side of Path and Source.
The dropdowns are blank.

I feel I am missing something small in the configuration.
Any suggestions as to what I can try next?
Jodel

Messages In This Thread
RE: @mxtommy KIP instrument display webapp for Signalk - by Jodel - 2018-10-12, 07:46 PM