This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How do I pipe temp data from 1W to kplex for distribution as NMEA0183
(2018-06-21, 06:28 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Yes, you will create a loop nbecause signal k will get all data unfiltered.
I continued on this issue. I am able to cut the loop by adding:

1) a output filter to the system default settings which will stop all **MTW sentences going to SignalK
2) adding a input with filter, listening on port 10110, taking in only **MTW and dropping all other sentences:
Code:
[tcp]
name=signalk
direction=out
mode=server
port=30330
ofilter=-**MTW:+all

###end of defaults

###OpenPlotter GUI settings

[tcp]
name=mtw
direction=in
address=10.10.10.1
port=10110
ifilter=+**MTW:-all
This works, I have the temp on my cockpit instrument. After booting, the Pi is idling along and just "kplexing" data, I have a CPU-load of about 10%

but: when I start Signal-K via the taskbar (chromium loading http://localhost :3000) CPU usage soars up to 90%, "top" shows "node" eating up 100% of one kernel... looking at .kplex.conf, the system part is overwritten, and the output filter lost, so the loop you mentioned is setting in...

cheers
Christian

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do I pipe temp data from 1W to kplex for distribution as NMEA0183 - by CVL - 2018-06-30, 09:07 PM