This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WiFi Dongle for second WiFi device
(2021-08-17, 06:25 PM)baltika_no_9 Wrote: You will have seen that I applied no updates during the process I summarised above. I just took the vanilla image and applied it. I am not a fan of updating just because they're there. Others may disagree and that's fine, I am not for a moment saying my approach is right; but if something works I tend to leave it.

However following on from above I have just done a "sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade". This brings in not only the OS updates but also the OpenPlotter ones too but they need to be applied separately.

I went into OpenPlotter settings>OpenPlotter Apps and applied all the pending tasks. OS and OP then are bang up to date.
USB wifi dongle is still working perfectly.

I have now received and tested the Ralink wifi dongle and can confirm that it works with Openplotter V2 without requiring any additional drivers, I have also applied the Openplotter updates and can again confirm that it works as expected without any of the symptoms I encountered with the other dongles.
Thanks to baltika_no_9 and all who have contributed to this thread.
Paul

Messages In This Thread
WiFi Dongle for second WiFi device - by Paul M - 2021-08-08, 01:33 PM
RE: WiFi Dongle for second WiFi device - by Paul M - 2021-08-22, 04:06 PM