This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pypilot starting - couple of qusetions
Hi, 
first of all, I must to thanks all people that do great opensource job, how with pypilot, and with openplotter.
I use openplotter for couple of years (openplotter 2 + Moitessier hat), and recently upgraded to openplotter 3 64 bit + hacked Moitessier hat. This days I want to start build Pypilot autopilot, I read dozen threads on forum and pypilot workbook, and still have couple of questions.
Pypilot will work on relative small motor boat (about 9 meters length), I have hydraulic power steering already, and idea is that buy Sean-s high power motor controller, reversible electric hydraulic pump and rudder angle position sensor to make it work.

1. Because I use Moitessier hat, and want to build Pypilot with Sean-s high power motor controller that connects on gpio header, how to connect it? (Moitessier hat has occupied gpio header) I read that exist option of USB connection, but is experimental. I assume that exist relative easy way to connect it, but I would like to know it before I order motor controller.

2. Idea is that connect motor controller to existing openplotter raspberry. Hydraulic pump and motor controller will be 4-5 meters away from openplotter computer, is this ok? Can I use ethernet (cat5) cable for connecting motor controler and openplotter at this distance? Is this idea ok?

3. I will install rudder position sensor, with no end-travel sensors. Is that ok? I read that is no need for end-travel sensors if is present rudder sensor. Where to connect rudder sensor, on motor computer, or on raspberry?

That is it for now, it will be more when building begins, for sure.
Thanks in advance.

Messages In This Thread
Pypilot starting - couple of qusetions - by zankiki - 2023-04-04, 08:04 AM