This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How do I pipe temp data from 1W to kplex for distribution as NMEA0183
(2018-07-15, 10:57 AM)CVL Wrote:
(2018-07-13, 07:50 PM)Sailoog Wrote: All NMEA 0183 data you get from serial or kplex tabs are sent to SK and automatically sent to TCP 10110.
All data you get from CAN tab or any sensor tab (GPIO, 1W, I2C...) are sent to SK and if you want to convert it to NMEA 0183 you have to use the "SK to NMEA 0183" SK plugin and it will be sent to TCP 10110 too.

when you connect a serial device and assign it to NMEA 0183 output in serial tab, you will send TCP 10110 data by this device with all the NMEA 0183 data of your system.

Ok, so I assigned on the serial tab the serial line going to the cockpit instrument to the  NMEA output - sadly the temp still doesn't show up. Any way to debug this flow?
If I look with opencpn on the general tcp 10110 flux, a "IIMTW" sentence is there with correct data - I guess this would be the sentence which SK generated from 1W data?

I dived a bit deeper, and saw that you configured a second kplex process with a separated config-file. So I know now how to look at the flux.
I still don't know why the IIMTW-sentence doesn't show up on the cockpit display, maybe the display (Advansea Multi S400) is tickly about the sender ID... I'll try to change it in the nmea-plugin ...
will report back ...
Christian

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do I pipe temp data from 1W to kplex for distribution as NMEA0183 - by CVL - 2018-07-15, 09:29 PM