This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OpenCPN Hangs and System Hangs
I installed a complete OpenPlotter update on a Rasberry Pi 3+ and now the system is a mess.  OpenCPN almost doesn't work at all.  If I go into OpenCPN in regular mode the entire system locks up and requires a hard shutdown.  In safe mode it hangs  only OpenCPN. 

The is a process that is called "Node" (PID 430, State R, PPID 423) that is using 30 to 50% of the resources without me opening any programs.  Could that have anything to do with it? 

So far, I have not performed any setup procedures in OpenPlotter, so I don't think I have messed anything up.  The only thing I have done is put the maps in a directory and point OpenCPN to them.

I would appreciate any help.
could be indexing the maps....
... this will take some time.
(2023-05-18, 01:27 PM)holgerw Wrote: could be indexing the maps....
... this will take some time.

When I pointed to the maps, it indexed already.  I was able to see the maps.  I don't think that's it.  I didn't install a new system, I just did a major update because the system hasn't been used in a year.  The installer, however seemed to install OpenCPN new because I had to install all new plugins and point to the maps.
Are you using openplotter v3 ?
What os is The pi?
Better use an Image as Update an Oldie System < 2.
(2023-05-18, 02:23 PM)holgerw Wrote: Are you using openplotter v3 ?
What os is The pi?
Better use an Image as Update an Oldie System < 2.

Version of OpenPlotter is 2.9.1

OS is OpenPlotter.  I don't remember ever installing anything different.

Do you mean I should wipe disk and install an old OP version?
yes - make backup in signal k.

look here for backup openplotter 2.

better get an new sd card and install openplotter 3.
(2023-05-18, 08:39 PM)holgerw Wrote: yes - make backup in signal k.

OK, I reinstalled and it seems to be working now.  Thanks
(2023-05-19, 04:46 AM)SVHM Wrote:
(2023-05-18, 08:39 PM)holgerw Wrote: yes - make backup in signal k.

OK, I reinstalled and it seems to be working now.  Thanks

Fine

keep on sailing. Holger
Now that I have the new version 3 installed, I need to install Pypilot.  Under the settings tab Pypilot has a reasberry icon next to it and the line is grayed out.  When I select Install, it doesn't do anything.  It seems disabled.  I am following the Workbook.  Have the steps changed with v3?