This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
signal k server not work
Got signalk server working again.

One needs to remove the existing /usr/lib/node_modules folder
Code:
sudo rm -rf /usr/lib/node_modules

after which the signalk server can be successfully installed again.

In the mean time, trying out various things to get signalk server running again, I had lost all setup data. After having the server running again, I found I couldn't successfully read back my backup. Hence had to setup numerous items again, though not a huge deal.

I also disabled IPV6, but don't believe that has contributed to being able to install the signalk server again.
https://askubuntu.com/questions/1300253/...untu-20-04

Happy sailor again. Off to the next cruise-out...
Wish i had spotted the thread, mine did exactly the same and i also coudn't complete the restore. I've now built the system from the latest image and it appears to be fine. Same as you npm errors and cert issues.
Hi all, Seeing the same issue and tried the advice int his thread, but am getting the below error:

Looking in indexes: https://pypi.org/simple, https://www.piwheels.org/simple
Requirement already satisfied: websocket-client in /usr/local/lib/python3.9/dist-packages (1.6.2)
Collecting websocket-client
  Using cached https://www.piwheels.org/simple/websocke...ne-any.whl (57 kB)
  Using cached https://www.piwheels.org/simple/websocke...ne-any.whl (56 kB)
sh: 1: npm: not found
Checking sources...
DONE
Installing python packages...
DONE
Installing/Updating signal K server...
FAILED: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'npm'
Setting version...
DONE

Can anyone help with getting my system back up and running (RPI4, 64bit). 
Thanks
Hi, sorry I couldn’t fix mine. Lost all my dashboards in KIP as the backup I took before upgrading also failed. I think something has changed in SignalK. Hope you have better luck with yours
How did your backup fail? It is just a zip file, all the content should be there and recoverable even if restore is not working.
Hi, it just failed to restore. Each time a tried, it took longer than it has in the past and just reported restore failed. It’s given me the opportunity to rethink some of it and the dashboards so in the end I gave up trying to get it back and started a fresh.
I don't know if this info might serve to anybody or if it is well written here, but I had a problem with my Signal K server in OP2 that after updating didnt want to work again, I reinstalled SignalK server, but it always kept giving the  error "not running SK erver".

Today have done a new OP3 fresh install , formatting my card, and what my surprise was when I saw that it was not working either!

I went mad and did several installations with no success, and I couldn't believe that this was happening to me in a fresh install.

Finally I realized that when preparing the flashing of the card  I had changed the user name in Pi imager options, so from the original "PI" I had changed it "to my boat's name",so the signal K couldn't start. 

After my enlightment; I changed it back to "PI"; and then the server worked like a charm.

Maybe this problem is turning people mad and hopefully is the solution.
Since a while (possibly, but not certain, since I updated the Signal K server from v1.4 to v2.1), I could not install nor update apps from the Signal K Appstore. As I really wanted to update KIP, I decided to update Signal K server with OpenPlotter Signal K installer (latest updated version) but this failed as well. Trying with terminal I got this:

pi@Antares:~ $ sudo rm -rf /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server
pi@Antares:~ $ npm install -g signalk-server
/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/lib/cli.js:35
    throw err
    ^

TypeError: Class extends value undefined is not a constructor or null
    at Object.<anonymous> (/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/fs-minipass/lib/index.js:136:4)
    at Module._compile (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1256:14)
    at Module._extensions..js (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1310:10)
    at Module.load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1119:32)
    at Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:960:12)
    at Module.require (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1143:19)
    at require (node:internal/modules/cjs/helpers:121:18)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/cacache/lib/content/read.js:4:13)
    at Module._compile (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1256:14)
    at Module._extensions..js (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1310:10)

Node.js v18.17.1
pi@Antares:~ $

npm and Node.js are under /usr/node_modules

I did not want to redo a clean install of OpenPlotter as I have many other softs and data on my 250GB SSD as well as poor Internet connectivity.

Trying to install npm anew gave:

pi@Antares:~ $ sudo apt-get -f install npm
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
libnode72 : Conflicts: nodejs-legacy
nodejs : Conflicts: npmsudo apt-get autoclean
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

It seems to be a problem between nodejs and npm because nodejs gets installed from deb.nodesource.com while npm comes from ubuntu.

I found a solution by removing nodejs and npm entirely (perplexity.ai)

$ sudo apt-get --purge remove nodejs node npm
$ sudo apt-get clean
$ sudo apt-get autoclean
$ sudo apt-get -f install
$ sudo apt-get autoremove

and reinstalling nodejs with aptitude (Installing nodejs will install npm)

$ sudo apt install aptitude
$ sudo aptitude install npm

Reinstalling Signal K server and the apps was then possible again.