This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OpenCPN not responing and very slow with Rasberry pi 4 8 gb
(2023-09-25, 10:03 AM)O-chart 1.0.44.0 and tried 2.0.0.64Cpu about 25% while having issues.Memory 800mb of 7800 mbI see that opencpn does not build cachebaltika_no_9 Wrote: To disable OpenGL you should edit two lines in opencpn.conf

Code:
OpenGL=0
DisableOpenGL=1

Let me repeat my questions from post #4

What version of the o-charts plugin are you using?

Does htop show anything using memory or CPU heavily at the time it all slows down?

Is there anything interesting in the opencpn log?

(2023-09-27, 08:16 AM)In the log file i have some errors.Svgxml.cpp doest existCan not open mmsitoname.cvsCould not open opencpn for reading err 2kristoe Wrote:
(2023-09-25, 10:03 AM)O-chart 1.0.44.0 and tried 2.0.0.64Cpu about 25% while having issues.Memory 800mb of 7800 mbI see that opencpn does not build cachebaltika_no_9 Wrote: To disable OpenGL you should edit two lines in opencpn.conf

Code:
OpenGL=0
DisableOpenGL=1

Let me repeat my questions from post #4

What version of the o-charts plugin are you using?

Does htop show anything using memory or CPU heavily at the time it all slows down?

Is there anything interesting in the opencpn log?
OK that version of the plugin is correct and it seems there is nothing else eating up all your resources.

The log messages are useful I think, mmsitoname.csv (I assume that's what you mean instead of mmsitoname.cvs) should be found in ~/.opencpn

It seems like Opencpn is not cleanly installed but I am guessing you have tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

I get no errors and I am using the PPA version - Debian/Ubuntu OpenCPN 5.8.4+8089+1637c28fb~ubuntu20.04.1. IS that what you are using or maybe the flatpak?
Try disabling the Signal K input.
(2023-09-25, 05:41 PM)Opie91 Wrote: Are you using Signal K for position input? If so, disable Signal K in OpenCPN and see how it does.

No i have not yet added any extras

(2023-09-27, 11:51 AM)baltika_no_9 Wrote: OK that version of the plugin is correct and it seems there is nothing else eating up all your resources.

The log messages are useful I think, mmsitoname.csv (I assume that's what you mean instead of mmsitoname.cvs) should be found in ~/.opencpn

It seems like Opencpn is not cleanly installed but I am guessing you have tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

I get no errors and I am using the PPA version - Debian/Ubuntu OpenCPN 5.8.4+8089+1637c28fb~ubuntu20.04.1. IS that what you are using or maybe the flatpak?

Now i reinstalled openplotter on the SD card and i still get this error 
11:58:35.971  ERROR file.cpp:264 can't open file '/home/pi/.opencpn/mmsitoname.csv' (error 2: No such file or directory)
11:58:35.971 ERROR file.cpp:264 can't open file '/home/pi/.opencpn/mmsitoname.csv' (error 2: No such file or directory)

That shouldn't really be a problem, if the file is absent then closing and opening OpenCPN should write a new one.

What version of OpenCPN are you using (PPA/Flatpak/Backports)? Have you tried a different source?