This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signalk not accessible
Hello to everyone,
After a hard restart of my RPI3B+ OP3 OC5.8.4, signalk became unreachable. I was trying to download a plugin in a non good network environnement.

Then I fully reinstalled signalk using signalk installer. I did'nt succeed to restart signalk, in my browser I have localhost:3000 unreachable.

Is this behaviour analog to those described in another post and is there an easy solution?

Many thanks for the help
(2023-09-03, 08:48 AM)yvereg Wrote: Hello to everyone,
After a hard restart of my RPI3B+ OP3 OC5.8.4, signalk became unreachable. I was trying to download a plugin in a non good network environnement.

Then I fully reinstalled signalk using signalk installer. I did'nt succeed to restart signalk, in my browser I have localhost:3000 unreachable.

Is this behaviour analog to those described in another post and is there an easy solution?

Many thanks for the help

Hi,
Nobody has a solution for this? Does it mean it is better to forget OP and to use OC alone ?

I don't believe it. Maybe I posted my question in a wrong section of the forum

Thanks, 
Yves
Let’s start from these:

What is the exact error you are seeing? ”unreachable” has a spefic meaning. What do you have in the browser’s address bar?

Is there anything related to Signal K in syslog?
(2023-09-11, 02:01 PM)tkurki Wrote: Let’s start from these:

What is the exact error you are seeing? ”unreachable” has a spefic meaning. What do you have in the browser’s address bar?

Is there anything related to Signal K in syslog?
Hello, thanks for reply
in the address bar of chromium I have the following address
http://localhost:3000/

the browser display (sorry it is in french), tell if you need translation
Ce site est inaccessible
localhost n'autorise pas la connexion.
Voici quelques conseils :

Vérifier la connexion
Vérifier le proxy et le pare-feu
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

In syslog, there is for instance this sequence:
Sep  3 11:17:08 openplotter systemd[1]: Started signalk.service.
Sep  3 11:17:08 openplotter systemd[1]: Condition check resulted in Turn on SSH if /boot/ssh is present being skipped.
Sep  3 11:17:08 openplotter systemd[1]: Starting User Login Management...
Sep  3 11:17:08 openplotter signalk-server[456]: /home/pi/.signalk/signalk-server: 2: /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/bin/signalk-server: not found
Sep  3 11:17:08 openplotter kernel: [  12.144878] [vc_sm_connected_init]: installed successfully
Sep  3 11:17:08 openplotter kernel: [  12.151482] mc: Linux media interface: v0.10
Sep  3 11:17:08 openplotter kernel: [  12.364939] videodev: Linux video capture interface: v2.00
Sep  3 11:17:08 openplotter kernel: [  12.387526] snd_bcm2835: module is from the staging directory, the quality is unknown, you have been warned.
and a few hundred lines after
Sep  3 11:17:08 openplotter systemd[1]: signalk.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=127/n/a
Sep  3 11:17:08 openplotter avahi-daemon[402]: Joining mDNS multicast group on interface lo.IPv4 with address 127.0.0.1.
Sep  3 11:17:08 openplotter systemd[1]: signalk.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Sep  3 11:17:08 openplotter avahi-daemon[402]: New relevant interface lo.IPv4 for mDNS.
Sep  3 11:17:08 openplotter systemd[1]: Finished Check for Raspberry Pi EEPROM updates.
Sep  3 11:17:08 openplotter avahi-daemon[402]: Network interface enumeration completed.
Sep  3 11:17:08 openplotter systemd[1]: Started triggerhappy global hotkey daemon.
Sep  3 11:17:08 openplotter avahi-daemon[402]: Registering new address record for ::1 on lo.*.
Sep  3 11:17:08 openplotter systemd[1]: signalk.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 1.
Sep  3 11:17:08 openplotter avahi-daemon[402]: Registering new address record for 127.0.0.1 on lo.IPv4.

Many thanks for your help
So this is your problem:

/home/pi/.signalk/signalk-server: 2: /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/bin/signalk-server: not found

Something wrong with your Signal K install, as the actual server file is not found.

See https://github.com/SignalK/signalk-serve...-my-system
(2023-09-11, 08:39 PM)tkurki Wrote: So this is your problem:

/home/pi/.signalk/signalk-server: 2: /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/bin/signalk-server: not found

Something wrong with your Signal K install, as the actual server file is not found.

Many thanks for your help,

I will follow indication of the FAQ and I will come back to tell the result in a few days as I'm sailing now.

Yves
(2023-09-15, 07:02 PM)yvereg Wrote:
(2023-09-11, 08:39 PM)tkurki Wrote: So this is your problem:

Many thanks for your help,

I will follow indication of the FAQ and I will come back to tell the result in a few days as I'm sailing now.

Yves
Hello,
I found some time to check the reinstall as described in the FAQ. It fails, hereafter the terminal console:
pi@openplotter:~ $ sudo rm -rf /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server
pi@openplotter:~ $ sudo npm install -g signalk-server
Processus arrêté###) ⠇ reify:date-fns: timing reifyNode:node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/listr/node_modules/rxjs Completed in 14623
pi@openplotter:~ $

Thanks if you can help or suggest some actions
Yves
I think your install is stalling and stopping for one reason or another. Try again?
(2023-09-17, 02:26 PM)tkurki Wrote: I think your install is stalling and stopping for one reason or another. Try again?
Hello, back to my base.
All these last days i tried many time to have a correct re-install of signalK without any success. I made few reset, try to init signalk as described in the Faq . I don't know why and when signalk accept to start. For the moment I have a basic behaviour: position received in OC. 
The next step is add and configure plugin especially for the VHF.
My system is very slow, I don't know if there is some impact: I use the 64bits package and I disable openGL in raspberry config

Regards and thanks tkurki