This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MPU-9250 Accelerometer Calibration
Hi,

I have a MPU-9250 IMU model, which I believe needs calibration. I read the workbook and the calibration instruction on Pypilot and attempted to calibrate first accelerometer. But it is not clear to me what a successful accelerometer calibration looks like and I don’t know when my accelerometer is successfully calibrated. Besides, “need more range” message often came up in the log. What does it mean? And what should I do accordingly? 

It would be great if you could give me more hints. Many thanks!
I think most of the members who "know stuff" are on a well deserved holiday but I have read elsewhere, & I have to do this myself yet, that you have to "Enable Autopilot" then do the calibration & then go back to "Enable IMU only".
There must be a glitch somewhere.
from what I've read you need to imagine the sensor is atached to one side of a cube, then move it so it is where each of the six sides of the cube are, leaving if "for a few seconds" (I go for about 10s) at each position. Not sure what the numbers mean though - anyone?