This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OpenPlotter 4 (based on Debian Bookworm)
No problems porting Signal k Server to OpenPlotter 4 bookworm
Multiple GUI issues with OpenCPN in Raspberry OS bookworm using Wayland Sad

Reporting to OpenCPN developers...
Great summary of the Bookworm changes here. Worth a read if you haven't seen it already :

https://www.raspberrypi.com/news/bookwor...rry-pi-os/
I have a working on-screen keyboard in wayland:

sudo apt install wvkbd
I have already working openplotter-settings, openplotter-signalk-installer and openplotter-opencpn installer in Raspberry Pi 5 running Bookworm.

Remote desktop and on-screen keyboard issues are solved but OpenCPN issues under wayland are serious issues that will be with us for long time Sad

At this point, I think the smartest move here is to make OpenPlotter 4 support X11 and Wayland and build OpenPlotter 4 with X11 by default.
Hi there, I am playing around with "my" new Pi 5, which immediately refused to work with Openplotter V3 .... O.K., now "Bookworm" and OpenCPN - yes, I can confirm, that this is not very funny with "Wayland", ao I moved to X11 and it works just fine, so I think, using X11 as the default for Openplotter V4 would be really best, to get the support ready for this Pi 5 thing. I would love to have Openplotter available for PI 5 and OpenCPN is a must for me. I think this will be valid for all users, who want to switch to PI5.

However, may I mention one other point here? This wonderful PI 5 comes without an analog audio connection. I finally purchased a bluetooth speaker, which works definitely fine but in OpenCPN, using the "Watchdog" plugin, there is no sound (sounding the ship-bells in OpenCPN for the marine "glass clock" works fine.

Am I doing something wrong or do you have any hint or do I have to address this in OpenCPN?

Thanks a lot for any help.

Best regards, Uwe
Hi all, new to the forum!
Bought a Pi5 for Openplotter on my boat not really realising I should have got a Pi4, great news on the progress so far Sailoog! Will you upload Openplotter 4 beta version to play with?
(2023-12-19, 10:36 PM)Dillingsuk Wrote: Hi all, new to the forum!
Bought a Pi5 for Openplotter on my boat not really realising I should have got a Pi4, great news on the progress so far Sailoog! Will you upload Openplotter 4 beta version to play with?

it should be here   https://github.com/openplotter/openplott...ree/v4.x.x
(2023-12-16, 07:10 PM)hur450502 Wrote: However, may I mention one other point here? This wonderful PI 5 comes without an analog audio connection. I finally purchased a bluetooth speaker, which works definitely fine but in OpenCPN, using the "Watchdog" plugin, there is no sound (sounding the ship-bells in OpenCPN for the marine "glass clock" works fine.

I picked up a USB to 3.5mm Jack Audio Adapter to work around that issue on my Pi 5.
(2023-12-21, 03:40 PM)Ceahawk Wrote:
(2023-12-16, 07:10 PM)hur450502 Wrote: However, may I mention one other point here? This wonderful PI 5 comes without an analog audio connection. I finally purchased a bluetooth speaker, which works definitely fine but in OpenCPN, using the "Watchdog" plugin, there is no sound (sounding the ship-bells in OpenCPN for the marine "glass clock" works fine.

I picked up a USB to 3.5mm Jack Audio Adapter to work around that issue on my Pi 5.

But that wastes a valuable USB port.