This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OpenPlotter 4 roadmap
(2024-04-16, 10:56 PM)TVR Wrote: Sdr-vhf installs fine, but the service doesn't appear to start. When you select "Enable AIS Reception" the line doesn't go green like it used to. I'm inland with no AIS Reception, so I have no idea if the service is actually running or not.
I've got it going green. I had to tick the "Enable AIS reception" box a second time.
Anyhow, I have a AIS transmitter running and OpenPlotter SDR AIS does not seem to be sending anything to Signal K even though it shows on Connections activity on SK dashboard.
@Sailoog
Thx for flowers

I don't know what OpenPlotter wrapper does. Sourcecode of sdr-vhf is not yet published.
but you can still debug something yourself

1. Status of ais-catcher
Code:
sudo systemctl status ais-catcher

2. If something wrong
Code:
sudo systemctl stop ais-catcher
/usr/bin/AIS-catcher -gr RTLAGC on TUNER auto -a 192K -S 5011 -N 8100 CDN /usr/share/ais-catcher-webassets
If you see NMEA output my congratulations, if not post yout output. Play with Parameters ( https://github.com/jvde-github/AIS-catch.../README.md )

3. Is SignalK Data Connection ok?
NMEA0183/TCP Port 5011

Good Luck
(2024-04-16, 10:56 PM)TVR Wrote: Sdr-vhf installs fine, but the service doesn't appear to start. When you select "Enable AIS Reception" the line doesn't go green like it used to. I'm inland with no AIS Reception, so I have no idea if the service is actually running or not.

So I was stupid and didn't read the instructions to uninstall first. All fixed now, showing green and the AIS Catcher service is running.

Mine defaults to port 10110 UDP, I've tried changing port to 5011 but the OpenPlotter app doesn't let me select TCP. Could this be why it doesn't work for Chookfoot?
as I said before, I don't know what openplotter wrapper( app) does, because I don't see sourcecode on github yet
But by default from package is output on port 5011/TCP. This can also be done without openplotter app directly in SignalK settings
Honestly I don't like UDP and try to avoid it.
If you want you could try this
Edit /etc/default/ais-catcher
Code:
OPTS="-gr RTLAGC on TUNER auto -a 192K -q -u 127.0.0.1 10110  -N 8100 CDN /usr/share/ais-catcher-webassets"
Sorry I forgot to push the code to github, I will do that on Friday.

The openplotter wrapper just stops the service, edits /etc/default/ais-catcher file with the settings collected from the GUI and restarts the service again.

OpenPlotter uses a UDP client with customized port 10110 by default as usual and adds ppm, gain and device index:

Code:
'OPTS=" -gr RTLAGC on TUNER '+gain+' -a 192K -p '+sdraisppm+' -d:'+sdraisdeviceindex+' -q -u 127.0.0.1 '+sdraisport+' -N 8100 CDN /usr/share/ais-catcher-webassets"'

I will take some SDR devices with me and I will test it on Friday as well. Any report is still welcome.

Do not forget to disable the old service:
Code:
sudo systemctl stop openplotter-rtl_ais
sudo systemctl disable openplotter-rtl_ais

If you finally get the service working, visit this page to see the new program in action: http://localhost:8100
Sorry. I found a small bug in postinstall of ais-catcher and fixed now
Please update your package via apt
thanks, is the debian package overwriting the /etc/default/ais-catcher file after updating?
I have a Pi5 (and MacAtrhur Hat).

Gps is running fine via serial. My Mateksys M8Q 5883 sensor has an i2C magnetic compass. I have installed the latest version4 i2C and PyPilot apps.

Question:
Does OpenPlotter4 support the QMC5883L compass sensor?
If not, will it be supported in the future? (I have found quite a number of references to Arduino support for the QMC5883L though found nothing yet re OpenPlotter support).

Regards,
Loffy,
(2024-04-17, 10:12 AM)Loffy Wrote: I have a Pi5 (and MacAtrhur Hat).

Gps is running fine via serial. My Mateksys M8Q 5883 sensor has an i2C magnetic compass. I have installed the latest version4 i2C and PyPilot apps.

Question:
Does OpenPlotter4 support the QMC5883L compass sensor?
If not, will it be supported in the future? (I have found quite a number of references to Arduino support for the QMC5883L though found nothing yet re OpenPlotter support).

Regards,
Loffy,

https://openplotter.readthedocs.io/en/la...d.html#imu

No plan to add more IMUs at this moment.
(2024-04-17, 10:05 AM)Sailoog Wrote: thanks, is the debian package overwriting the /etc/default/ais-catcher file after updating?

No, it doesn't. Don't worry. The problem was in aiscatcherstart.sh. It didn't honored $OPTS from /etc/default/ais-catcher