This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OpenPlotter 4 roadmap
openplotter-settings v4.0.63 has been released improving the shutdown feature in Raspberry Pi 5. Now you can bypass the new on/off button.
Thanks for this, great to see this project still active. Also great work on RPI 5 support, that must have been a lot of work!

I will test and let you know how I get on.
Ok i've found the first issue.

These are related to permission errors when trying to access the Serial port. I have installed the recommended udev rules to access the serial port but this still does not work.

It seems it is not letting me access the serial port at all due to permissions.
I guess you are not using the beta image and you are installing openplotter-settings into your OS. What is your system?
(2024-01-13, 12:17 PM)Sailoog Wrote: I guess you are not using the beta image and you are installing openplotter-settings into your OS. What is your system?

I am using the beta v4 image.

Raspberry PI 4, on bookworm.

Also are you still busy with i2c? As I have no i2c app, I take it this is just not ready yet?

Thanks

Also, one more thing.

I cannot find the avnav installer anywhere?
AvNav 3.0.9-stable installer is available in openplotter-settings 4.0.63 (don't hink it was before that). Make sure you have the latest openplotter-settings.
Sorry where can I find the download for this?

Im not sure I know where the beta release channel is, I can only find the 3 links at the beginning of this thread.

Thanks

Im not sure why, but i've install both headless and touchscreen v4 images and in both images,

1. I have no candidate available to install avnav (as per screenshot).
2. I have no openplotter network settings app to manage the AP / client mode wifi.
3. I also have no candidate for the I2C app.

Thanks

did you refresh your package cache with e.g "sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade" ?
(2024-01-14, 08:33 AM)BlackSea Wrote: did you refresh your package cache with e.g "sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade" ?

Yea I did, its weird I just reinstalled and now its working.

IDK about anyone else, but im running RPI 5 and I am getting constant crashes.

LED on the pi turns RED and the whole pi just shuts down, no network connectivity and no video out...
You have very strange issues not reported by any user in your same scenario. I would change the SD or consider hardware or power problems. If you get an stable system and any of your issues is still there please try to report again.