This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virtual keyboard - how to lose it from screen?
If you are using that image you have Debian bullseye and x11. Not sure how to debug this...

First beta of OpenPlotter 4 for Rpi5: https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=5060
Thanks. It is not really a big deal - just a shortage of USB ports, so I will put a hub onto the system. I will wait for a robust OpenPlotter v4 with PyPilot before I go RPi5.

My current problem is getting AIS data from a SH GX2100 into a serial USB port. Everything looks ok with SignalK (I had this operational straight into OpenCPN) but the data doesn't flow. I suspect low voltage levels.
I managed to put my virtual keyboard in the same state as PhilipL.

I opened the keyboard and moved the cursor to the right of the word "Keyboard".
Then pressed my right mouse button and behold a menu opened up.

Checked the options and selecting the last one "Un/Decorate" killed the "Keyboard"-bar.
No way to kill it as the "x" was gone.

The new version of the keyboard was ok with the "Keyboard"-bar, but the one with the selection "Un/Decorate" vanished only after reboot.

An other matter:
Still no "Escape" on any of the keyboard layout maps ?
Any change to point a way to append one (a few layout maps have unused keys) ??

InfluxDB returns from "Presentation mode" only by pressing "Escape".

wbr,
tjm

PS. My virtual keyboard has never showed itself on the "Task bar", only on the "Launch bar".
Figured it out, thanks !

tjm