This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Introducing OpenPlotter hats!!!
(2018-06-14, 12:19 PM)rgleason Wrote:
(2018-06-14, 11:56 AM)Sailoog Wrote: I guess it is a matter of best components and of course slightly higher price. I did not develop the AIS part but I know rooco guys and Adrian are in contact.

Thanks. Making such a device is not that simple. I guess I'll have to wait for actual user reports. If it works well that would be great.

BTW: My browser is telling me during login that this site and openmarine site are not secure because they are using insecure certficates.  Also websites are now using and redirecting to https and using SSL. I know its a pain, but we had to deal with it, and then it just works and users are no longer affected.

Yes, SSL is always better but as you know this project has to be sustainable and we will not pay for certificates. There are some free alternatives but we need time to investigate this and this is not a priority since any communication that involves payment is 100% secure (if there is something 100% secure nowadays) through paypal and bank payment gateways. Stored data on this forum (just email) is not so relevant and we think is secure enough. Stored data on the shop (email, name and address) are secure enough with the new web shop platform. We deleted the old web shop and rebuilt it to comply 100% the new European data protection rules. We will follow your advice anyway and we will try to implement SSL.
(2018-06-14, 11:32 AM)rgleason Wrote: How could the dual channel AIS be better than or equal to dAISy dual channel?  Adrian has been working on this for years.
https://shop.wegmatt.com/

Are their any user experiences that can be shared?

Try the Moitessier HAT, I'm sure you will love it!!

Adrian's design uses a different AIS receiver technology. I don't have a direct comparison with dAISy yet. However, the Moitessier HAT includes several sensors and a GNSS receiver. That is the point, why it is more expensive.

The Moitessier HAT is not the first AIS based development of rooco. The rooco team has AIS experience for more than 7 years, so it is no newbie project ;-)
Hello, everybody,

I got the Moitessier-HAT today. I put him on a fresh surgical system.
What exactly do I have to do to use it now.

Tools ->Moitessier HAT -> settings -> ... is not attached.

Where is my fault?

Greetings Jürgen
Angel  Entschuldigung für mein Englisch. Es ist "deepl.com english"
PN bitte auf german.  Big Grin
Are you sure the hat is well connected?
Be sure both columns of pins are connected, sometimes happened to me I had connected just one of them.
Raspberry model?
openplotter v1.0.0?
Do you see any led on in the hat?

Instruccions: https://docs.sailoog.com/openplotter-v1-...essier-hat
Had my hat as well. no problems.
AIS receiving distance is about twice the distance from a rtl-sdr(.com) stick. Gps working and playing now with the compass Smile
(2018-06-21, 04:37 PM)RooieDirk Wrote: Had my hat as well. no problems.
AIS receiving distance is about twice the distance from a rtl-sdr(.com) stick. Gps working and playing now with the compass Smile

Thanks for the feedback. I will publish an update v1.0.2 in 10 minutes that solves some small error with data from the IMU
Hello,
I don't know the reason. I used another pi.
It's both PI3. I had another one I use for my home automation. I just switched them. My house works with the other PI. I've tried several times.
I can't tell you what's going on.
You can see the difference when booting. With the "defective" pi, the two green LEDs on the HAT light up immediately. With the pi on which the system works, it takes a while for them to light up. It's all a little weird.
Greetings Jürgen
(2018-06-21, 04:53 PM)Luckbert Wrote: Hello,
I don't know the reason. I used another pi.
It's both PI3. I had another one I use for my home automation. I just switched them. My house works with the other PI. I've tried several times.
I can't tell you what's going on.
You can see the difference when booting. With the "defective" pi, the two green LEDs on the HAT light up immediately. With the pi on which the system works, it takes a while for them to light up. It's all a little weird.
Greetings Jürgen
If the green leds are on only for a moment at the beginning and then off means that the raspberry has been detected by the hat.

If the green leds keep flashing all the time means that the hat has not detected a raspberry and is working in standalone mode and getting data.
The only question is, why doesn't the HAT recognize the pi?
I have no explanation.
(2018-06-21, 05:25 PM)Luckbert Wrote: The only question is, why doesn't the HAT recognize the pi?
I have no explanation.

Write me an email and let's see