This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IMU readings
I am a bit confused as to the output from SignalK. 
On the SK input diagnostics I get an understandable reading of 328.xxx deg., but the signalK value from the stream in NR shows a different value/format. How do I use this?

navigation.headingMagnetic5.72435522367
5.7.. radiant = 328 degree you have to convert radiant into degrees
Code:
[{"id":"27f85a97.f0ece6","type":"function","z":"217cab7.d842f54","name":"Rad to Deg","func":"var rad = msg.payload;\nvar deg = rad * 180/3.14;\nmsg.payload=deg;\nreturn msg ;","outputs":1,"noerr":0,"x":796.0000858306885,"y":154.000018119812,"wires":[["a974ffe2.57316"]]}]
here is a function node 
its rad *180/3.14 = deg.

then you will find temp is in kelvin.... temp * 9.0 / 5.0 - 459.67 ...... thats to F °
Thank you both for your replies. That did it!
Why is it in radiant? This makes no sense to me, we should use degrees everywhere.
same reason they use kelvin to look intelligent.. JK lol..
really i don't know and agree with you. it thru me off too.
but not an big issue once you know.. just convert it in nodered.
I don't think SI-units are a bad thing...