OpenMarine

Full Version: Heading and pressure disapeared from OCPN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All I2C (IMU, Pressure, humidity) disappeared after a reboot. I had to :
  • restart the sensors ;
  • use tool "NMEA 0183 Generator, which means delete all lines one by one, then use button OpenCPNdefault to get them back.
Then I rebooted, and all was gone again !

- What could be the reason of the info loss ?
- is there a sure way to get everything back in an easier manner (like a backup of a conf Flle...)
BTW I lost the opencpn config a few days ago ...
Surprisingly, this morning OP lauched as a charm, OCPN dashboard displaying heading, pitch, roll, etc.
BUT after a forced reboot (shutdown + my switch on the RUN header) these values were not displayed in the OCPN Dashboard...
(2018-04-06, 05:08 PM)Didier B Wrote: [ -> ]All I2C (IMU, Pressure, humidity) disappeared after a reboot. I had to :
  • restart the sensors ;
  • use tool "NMEA 0183 Generator, which means delete all lines one by one, then use button OpenCPNdefault to get them back.
Then I rebooted, and all was gone again !

- What could be the reason of the info loss ?
- is there a sure way to get everything back in an easier manner (like a backup of a conf Flle...)
BTW I lost the opencpn config a few days ago ...

Hi Everyone,

After reboot, I almost have the same issue.
I2C sensors are displayed in signal K, but not in openCPN.

1- i use tool "NMEA 0183 Generator, which means delete all lines one by one, then use button OpenCPNdefault to get them back.
2 - they are back in OpenCPN
I could see in this Bug Reports Forum a number of occurrences of the loss of the generated NMEA sentences.
I can understand it is hard to fix, as it seems to have a randomly behaviour. In my case it occurs, or not, after a cold start or a reboot.

Anyway, I could find a different way to restore this data flow,  by forcing a restart of signal k server (in OP Signal K tab).
The NMEA sentences generator therefore seems OK, the bug seems to lye in signal K server. Hope the dev. team will eradicate it soon ...