OpenMarine

Full Version: pypilot plugin graphical overlay - compass mode green line
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2021-09-17, 10:07 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have the enable overlay in the config set?

Yup:

But again: on the boat, it works. Just can't get it to work when I simulate a boat in the home lab. Haven't gotten into the code of the plugin yet, to see what are the requirements for those vectors to show. Hope you can tell.
pypilot must be enabled and there needs to be a gps fix it seems.
That might be it. I'm sending it GPRMC and GPGLL messages both through 'Forward NMEA' and through TCP/20220, but I only have options Compass and Wind - no GPS or True wind - consistent with the lack of GPS data. Don't understand the need for a GPS fix to show those vectors though.

But back on topic, simulating at home was because I forgot to check the original issues at the boat. Tomorrow at the boat I'll check them. The rest is academical.
It needs to know the boat position... and assumes without gps that the boat position is not really useful and arbitrary...
Freshly compiled on Ubuntu, the vectors work all right now, also in Heading up mode!

Thx Sean,
Pages: 1 2