OpenMarine

Full Version: NMEA0183 Generator fail to start
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Nothing appears

if I insert the usb gps (without generator 0183 and withot sentence in openplotter.conf), diagnostic nmea0183 is ok on auto_gp on signalk and opencpn, on system says: "An exception of type occured.Arguments timeout"

I restarted signalk now appears rudder
"An exception of type occured.Arguments timeout" only tells that no data has arrived in one or two seconds.
Well SK-base_d.py seems to work. I really don't know why only nmea 0183 doesn't work.
Try this:
Tools NMEA 0183 generator
delete all Sentence
add
Sentence $--AAM
Click OK
Signal K tab
Click Restart
NMEA 0183 tab diagnostic on system
unfortunately always the same message
Does that mean you see any $OSAAM sentence?
No "An exception of type occured.Arguments timeout"?
I see "An exception..."

Inviato con Tapatalk
I reinstalled everything on a new SD card, now everything works correctly Smile
I thank you for your answers
To get things sorted.
You are using a fresh installed image of openplotter_rpi_v0.9.0alpha.noobs.zip filesize 1.024.349.965 Bytes.
You said in post #5 that you got nmea messages in K not as shown in diagnostic SignalK in C.
Then something happend and you only got the message "An exception of type occured.Arguments timeout"
We checked that SK-base_d.py was active (otherwise you wouldn't be able to get the rudder message in NMEA2000).
You have started openplotter from terminal and didn't get a python error when click Restart on signalK tab after post #5.
I think that it is "dirty" some configuration files or scripts, maybe my mistake or for some bugs.
If you think it's useful to do more testing I kept the sdcard.
Sorry, #17 was obsolete when I send it because you already solved the problem. Don't keep the sdcard for me.
It was interrupted again NMEA0183 generator.
It 'happened after these steps:
- Line Editing [NMEA0183] sentences (openplotter.conf)
- Restart signalk
- Disable (attempt) opencpn tab in NMEA0183 tab
- Click on "apply changes"

again if I run diagnostic get: "An exception of type occured.Arguments timeout"?

I tried to restore a working copy of openplotter.conf and subsequent restart of signalk and nmea, but without result.

I restarted the system but without result.

There are configuration files outside the openplotter folder? (The previous time the removal and reinstallation of openplotter has not solved)
Pages: 1 2 3