OpenMarine

Full Version: Gps difficulties
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
after some reboots on a fresh install my gps will stop working. It's a rp4 with openplotter 2 with vk 162/ublox 7 gps. Signalk says device or resource busy. I dont see anything else using it though.  I have never had this problem before until a couple days ago.  It seems when I do the following commands it will start working again (sometimes right after, sometimes it needs rebooted and it will continue to work after some reboots) 
Sudo killall gpsd
Sudo killall -9 gpsd
Sudo rm /run/gpsd.sock
Gpsd /dev/ttyACM0

Sincr a couple days ago I've done multiple clean installs and tried a different pi. Any ideas why this is happening/how to fix it?
(2020-07-07, 03:09 AM)Cheezeitz51 Wrote: [ -> ]after some reboots on a fresh install my gps will stop working. It's a rp4 with openplotter 2 with vk 162/ublox 7 gps. Signalk says device or resource busy. I dont see anything else using it though.  I have never had this problem before until a couple days ago.  It seems when I do the following commands it will start working again (sometimes right after, sometimes it needs rebooted and it will continue to work after some reboots) 
Sudo killall gpsd
Sudo killall -9 gpsd
Sudo rm /run/gpsd.sock
Gpsd /dev/ttyACM0

Sincr a couple days ago I've done multiple clean installs and tried a different pi. Any ideas why this is happening/how to fix it?

sorry for the double post
So it starts working after gpsd restart, but Signal K reports resource busy. Sounds like you have the device configured both as a serial device and as a gpsd connection?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(2020-07-07, 08:23 PM)tkurki Wrote: [ -> ]So it starts working after gpsd restart, but Signal K reports resource busy. Sounds like you have the device configured both as a serial device and as a gpsd connection?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is only configured as a serial device as far as I can tell
If the serial device is configured in Signal K why are you using gpsd?

Next time SK reports resource busy you can see what process has the port open with

sudo lsof | grep ttyACM0
(2020-07-08, 09:02 PM)tkurki Wrote: [ -> ]If the serial device is configured in Signal K why are you using gpsd?

Next time SK reports resource busy you can see what process has the port open with

sudo lsof | grep ttyACM0

I don't know, I guess I'm not using it and got confused.  It was being used by node, which I killed and then it was being used by pypilot.  Which I kill but then it comes back