OpenMarine

Full Version: problem installing moitessier firmware [closed]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Hello, everyone,
Today I copied a new Openplotter with HAT to a USB stick.
The starting point was the last image (2020-03-24-OpenPlotter-v2-Starting)
Process:
1. all standards are processed (set language, execute updates...) -> reboot
2. VNC activated in the settings.
3. HAT-App installed
4. reboot
5. installed via HAT-App driver.

There is the same error as described above.
What is the catch?
Greetings Jürgen
Could you describe the error?
kernel version?
Hello, Sailoog,
1. Linux openplotter 5.4.51-v7+ #1327 SMP Thu Jul 23 10:58:46 BST 2020 armv7l GNU/Linux

2. pi@openplotter:~/Downloads $ sudo dpkg -i moitessier_1.20200723-1_5.4.51_2.1.0_armhf.deb
(Reading database ... 101426 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack moitessier_1.20200723-1_5.4.51_2.1.0_armhf.deb ...
Unpacking moitessier (2.1.0) over (2.1.0) ...

******************************************************************************************
Running post remove... (upgrade)
******************************************************************************************

Nothing to do

Setting up moitessier (2.1.0) ...

Running post install...

/etc/systemd/system/moitessier.shutdown.service

File /etc/systemd/system/moitessier.shutdown.service deleted.

[Unit]
Description=Moitessier Shutdown

[Service]
ExecStart=/home/pi/moitessier/scripts/system_shutdown
Restart=always

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Setting up interfaces...

moitessier: setting up /etc/modules
i2c-dev

Updating HAT firmware...

This script is used to flash the STM32 microcontroller on the Moitessier HAT.

One of the following options can be applied:
-r : Will load the latest firmware release from the remote repository https://github.com/mr-rooney/moitessier-firmware.git.
The firmware will be located in "./fw/application.binary".
-s : Specifies the firmware that should be used.
This option requires the path + filename as parameter
-f : Forces the Raspberry Pi to shutdown after firmware update. A shutdown + power cycle
is required only for virgin Moitessier HATs without any firmware.

Note: Options -s and -r must not be applied at the same time!!

Determining I2C GPIO device

I2C GPIO device: 3

The firmware file "application.binary" is used for the update

Terminating running processes...

"kplex" not running

"gpsd" not running

"opencpn" not running

"node" killed

Flashing firmware.

stm32flash 0.5

http://stm32flash.sourceforge.net/

Using Parser : Raw BINARY
Warning: Not a tty: /dev/i2c-3
Error probing interface "serial_posix"
Interface i2c: addr 0x41

GPIO sequence start
setting gpio 18 to 1... OK
delay 100000 us
delay 100000 us
delay 100000 us
setting gpio 17 to 1... OK
delay 100000 us
delay 100000 us
delay 100000 us
setting gpio 18 to 0... OK
delay 100000 us
delay 100000 us
delay 100000 us
delay 100000 us
delay 100000 us
delay 100000 us
delay 100000 us
GPIO sequence end

size = 131072
Version : 0x10
Device ID : 0x0442 (STM32F030xC/F09xxx)
- RAM : Up to 32KiB (6144b reserved by bootloader)
- Flash : Up to 128KiB (size first sector: 2x2048)
- Option RAM : 16b
- System RAM : 8KiB
Write to memory
Erasing memory
Wrote and verified address 0x08020000 (100.00%) Done.

Starting execution at address 0x08000000... done.

GPIO sequence start
delay 100000 us
delay 100000 us
setting gpio 17 to 0... OK
delay 100000 us
delay 100000 us
delay 100000 us
delay 100000 us
delay 100000 us
delay 100000 us
setting gpio 18 to 0... OK
delay 100000 us
delay 100000 us
delay 100000 us
GPIO sequence end

FIRMWARE UPDATE SUCCESSFULL!!!

insmod: ERROR: could not insert module ./moitessier_5.4.51-v7+.ko: Input/output error

ERROR occured!!

Could not load "./moitessier_5.4.51-v7+.ko".

ERROR occured!!

You might try to install the package again.

dpkg: error processing package moitessier (--install):
installed moitessier package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
moitessier
pi@openplotter:~/Downloads $

Greets Jürgen
Update the openplotter-moitessier app and install the package from the "driver" tab
I already tried that. I'm getting the same message.

The problem remains.
Is that a Raspberry 3?
Rooco guys just told me that there is a problem with RPi3 that they are tying to solve.
(2020-08-10, 10:30 AM)Sailoog Wrote: [ -> ]Is that a Raspberry 3?
Rooco guys just told me that there is a problem with RPi3 that they are tying to solve.

Hi Sailoog, same problem with Raspy 4. I had to go back to version 4.19.97.  Sad
(2020-08-10, 11:45 AM)Max1947 Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi Sailoog, same problem with Raspy 4. I had to go back to version 4.19.97.  Sad

Have you tried the package included in the latest openplotter-moitessier 2.2.0 app? that works perfectly for latest kernel and RPi4
(2020-08-10, 12:18 PM)Sailoog Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-08-10, 11:45 AM)Max1947 Wrote: [ -> ]

Have you tried the package included in the latest openplotter-moitessier 2.2.0 app? that works perfectly for latest kernel and RPi4

I'll try in the afternoon and let you know.  Wink
Nothing, even after the latest updates, doesn't change. I will most likely have to wait for the new Rasberry and Rooco kernel.

See: https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/3765

anche qua: 
https://i.imgur.com/LjkHoW3.png

https://i.imgur.com/QA2jesD.png
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9