OpenMarine

Full Version: Can't get OP I2C app to recognize MPU9250
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm a novice OP user experimenting with a Raspberry Pi 4, having been inspired by the "OpenPlotter Instruction Video for Raspberry Pi" on YouTube.
Using the most recent (2020-03-24) OP "Starting" NOOBS image, I've successfully connected a GSTAR IV GPS via UPS, and attached a Wingoneer GY-81 board containing an MPU9850 and BMP280 to the RP I/O ports.

When I run the OpenPlotter I2C app, it detects the BMP280 at address 0x76, but not the MPU9850.

If I run i2cdetect -y 1, it detects the BMP280 address (0x76), and also an additional address 0x68, which I assume is the MPU9850.

There doesn't seem to be any way to manually configure the MPU9850 in the OpenPlotter I2C app, so I don't know how I can get the information from this chip into Signal K.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can assist.
IMUs in openplotter are managed by pypilot app, not by I2C app, but MPU9850 is not supported. Only these IMUs are supported: https://github.com/seandepagnier/RTIMULib2