OpenMarine

Full Version: Error: Could not locate the bindings file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Good day fine forum folks!

I got SignalK up and running just fine this weekend, only to have it stop working last night. Possibly my fault, was a late night of tinkering...
Have run npm rebuild, to no avail.
Any idea what would have caused these faults and how to rectify them? Should I downgrade to OP2 (i2c would be good to have for my trip this autumn)?

Appreciate any help!

[Image: 2-error.png]

[Image: error-1.png]

*Edit: i2c being worked on this month - woohoo!
try to reset the 2 values in the serial
something is wrong there
Serial devices can only be read or written by one application at a time and you have defined the same devices in Signa k and OpenCPN. Remove OpenCPN connections, you do not need them, just connect OpenCPN to signal k.
Thanks for the reply! I figured as much. Had disabled the direct connection in OpenCPN so thought that may have sufficed. Now that they're deleted the same problem persists... Thinking of doing a fresh install if I can't learn Linux fast enough. Smile
then you had 2 issues, I guess the binding file warning is still there.

sometimes the signal k module in charge of serial connections is not compiled right, try reinstalling the signal k server from openplotter-signalk-installer
(2022-09-20, 10:35 AM)Sailoog Wrote: [ -> ]then you had 2 issues, I guess the binding file warning is still there.

sometimes the signal k module in charge of serial connections is not compiled right, try reinstalling the signal k server from openplotter-signalk-installer

Just tried reinstalling. Same problem. Thanks for the tips nevertheless!
you should send the full error from the log to Signal k devs to try to find out what is going on.
Cheers, will do!
(2022-09-20, 11:28 AM)SYWalrus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-09-20, 10:35 AM)Sailoog Wrote: [ -> ]then you had 2 issues, I guess the binding file warning is still there.

Just tried reinstalling. Same problem. Thanks for the tips nevertheless!

Hi, Sailoog, I tried updating my (working) system to get the seatalk functionality, did all the updates, went through all steps mentioned above, and I have the same problem as SYWalrus. SignalK will not pick up my serial gps, tried creating connection from both serial app and signalK. It all ends the same: no keys show up and bindings file error is shown. There is no problem with the connection if it is made directly from OpenCPN. It seems to be a SignalK security issue
”Could not locate the bindings file” means that your Signal K install is broken. The binding between JavaScript and the platform specific serial devices is missing. I don’t know what the root cause is, but reinstalling with

sudo npm install -g signalk-server

should fix it.

Unless there is something OP specific here I am not aware of.
Pages: 1 2