OpenMarine

Full Version: OpenPlotter 4 (based on Debian Bookworm)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
No problems porting Signal k Server to OpenPlotter 4 bookworm
Multiple GUI issues with OpenCPN in Raspberry OS bookworm using Wayland Sad

Reporting to OpenCPN developers...
Great summary of the Bookworm changes here. Worth a read if you haven't seen it already :

https://www.raspberrypi.com/news/bookwor...rry-pi-os/
I have a working on-screen keyboard in wayland:

sudo apt install wvkbd
I have already working openplotter-settings, openplotter-signalk-installer and openplotter-opencpn installer in Raspberry Pi 5 running Bookworm.

Remote desktop and on-screen keyboard issues are solved but OpenCPN issues under wayland are serious issues that will be with us for long time Sad

At this point, I think the smartest move here is to make OpenPlotter 4 support X11 and Wayland and build OpenPlotter 4 with X11 by default.
Hi there, I am playing around with "my" new Pi 5, which immediately refused to work with Openplotter V3 .... O.K., now "Bookworm" and OpenCPN - yes, I can confirm, that this is not very funny with "Wayland", ao I moved to X11 and it works just fine, so I think, using X11 as the default for Openplotter V4 would be really best, to get the support ready for this Pi 5 thing. I would love to have Openplotter available for PI 5 and OpenCPN is a must for me. I think this will be valid for all users, who want to switch to PI5.

However, may I mention one other point here? This wonderful PI 5 comes without an analog audio connection. I finally purchased a bluetooth speaker, which works definitely fine but in OpenCPN, using the "Watchdog" plugin, there is no sound (sounding the ship-bells in OpenCPN for the marine "glass clock" works fine.

Am I doing something wrong or do you have any hint or do I have to address this in OpenCPN?

Thanks a lot for any help.

Best regards, Uwe
Hi all, new to the forum!
Bought a Pi5 for Openplotter on my boat not really realising I should have got a Pi4, great news on the progress so far Sailoog! Will you upload Openplotter 4 beta version to play with?
(2023-12-19, 10:36 PM)Dillingsuk Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all, new to the forum!
Bought a Pi5 for Openplotter on my boat not really realising I should have got a Pi4, great news on the progress so far Sailoog! Will you upload Openplotter 4 beta version to play with?

it should be here   https://github.com/openplotter/openplott...ree/v4.x.x
(2023-12-16, 07:10 PM)hur450502 Wrote: [ -> ]However, may I mention one other point here? This wonderful PI 5 comes without an analog audio connection. I finally purchased a bluetooth speaker, which works definitely fine but in OpenCPN, using the "Watchdog" plugin, there is no sound (sounding the ship-bells in OpenCPN for the marine "glass clock" works fine.

I picked up a USB to 3.5mm Jack Audio Adapter to work around that issue on my Pi 5.
(2023-12-21, 03:40 PM)Ceahawk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-12-16, 07:10 PM)hur450502 Wrote: [ -> ]However, may I mention one other point here? This wonderful PI 5 comes without an analog audio connection. I finally purchased a bluetooth speaker, which works definitely fine but in OpenCPN, using the "Watchdog" plugin, there is no sound (sounding the ship-bells in OpenCPN for the marine "glass clock" works fine.

I picked up a USB to 3.5mm Jack Audio Adapter to work around that issue on my Pi 5.

But that wastes a valuable USB port.
Pages: 1 2 3