OpenMarine

Full Version: OpenPlotter 4 (based on Debian Bookworm)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2023-12-16, 07:10 PM)hur450502 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there, I am playing around with "my" new Pi 5, which immediately refused to work with Openplotter V3 .... O.K., now "Bookworm" and OpenCPN - yes, I can confirm, that this is not very funny with "Wayland", ao I moved to X11 and it works just fine, so I think, using X11 as the default for Openplotter V4 would be really best, to get the support ready for this Pi 5 thing. I would love to have Openplotter available for PI 5 and OpenCPN is a must for me. I think this will be valid for all users, who want to switch to PI5.

However, may I mention one other point here? This wonderful PI 5 comes without an analog audio connection. I finally purchased a bluetooth speaker, which works definitely fine but in OpenCPN, using the "Watchdog" plugin, there is no sound (sounding the ship-bells in OpenCPN for the marine "glass clock" works fine.

Am I doing something wrong or do you have any hint or do I have to address this in OpenCPN?

Thanks a lot for any help.

Best regards, Uwe

Yes, you should report this to OpenCPN please.
(2023-12-19, 10:36 PM)Dillingsuk Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all, new to the forum!
Bought a Pi5 for Openplotter on my boat not really realising I should have got a Pi4, great news on the progress so far Sailoog! Will you upload Openplotter 4 beta version to play with?

Yes, as soon as I have settings, signalk, opencpn and serial working.
Progressing on this but more issues have been found. GPIO are managed completely different in RPi5, this will involve a lot of extra work Sad

pigpio will no longer working in RPi5 so Seatalk1 in Signal k has to be rewritten.
Please follow the development of OpenPlotter 4 here: https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=5060
Pages: 1 2 3