OpenMarine

Full Version: Request for new image
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

Is it possible to place a new image with the latest updates available? 
I know there are beta versions available, but I want to first proceed with the stable versions. Which are updated with the latest modifications in the github code

For the last 3 years I've been working with the pypilot in a self build system. And it is working fine with a above deck tiller actuator. Now it is time to try the below deck system that I have installed.
Somewere in the end of last year I posted already a question on this forum about the latency on the clutch operation. As I discovered this latency during a test with this below deck drive unit. And this question was put on the list of improvements on the github site.

I discovered that this item was resolved. And that i could update my excisting pypilot install. But how much I try, I can not get it to work. Hence the question, could someone post a image with the latest updates incorparated in them? 

regards,
Wouter
I have posted a beta image. If you have any problems please post, and mention you are using this image.

https://pypilot.org/images/tinypilot_202...eta.img.xz
Hi,

Thanks for the updated image.
Coming week i'am on the boat. So I will try this out. And report here

Regards,
Wouter
I've downloaded the beta version of the latest PyPilot. And it did fix the error in the JLX display flashing (which is something I had with the previous version). However, I did have another strange malfunction. In the display I get an error as in a blinking C in the lower right corner. And when I go into the web interface, i get the errors as shown in the screenshots below.

In the second screenshot, I engaged the autopilot. And allthough the error, it does enage. The compass reading is howveer very irratic. And doesn't follow accuratlyly and even very erratic when rotating the sensor. Is this something that needs time to get it right? I don't recall that this was the case with the earlier version that I am using..

[attachment=2549]

[attachment=2550]

[attachment=2548]
Or could it be that the hat.conf points to a different imu sensor. I.e. the icm20948 istead of the mpu9250.

I'll try to read the hat.conf on the install this evening. And see where this points to..
(2023-11-02, 11:36 AM)Vic Wrote: [ -> ]Or could it be that the hat.conf points to a different imu sensor. I.e. the icm20948 istead of the mpu9250.

I'll try to read the hat.conf on the install this evening. And see where this points to..

alignment warning indicates pitch and/or roll > 35.    Did you level the sensors?

compass blinking indicates poor calibration but is just a warning.
Last week I took the installation from the boat, as I had to replace the PI-zero due to a hardware failure (long story).
Therefore I have the system at home now, so I could check the beta version on the kitchen table.

Before the screesnshots were taken, I did "level"the boat. And to trigger the warnings, I moved the sensor around. What I also noticed was the erratic compass headings generated from the IMU. It didn't had a fluent number sequence..

I checked what the sensorname was in the hat.conf. And it was the icm. So I modified this to the mpu9250. But now I get a complete failure on the sensor part. I think I should try to get me an ICM sensors to check if this would solve any of the items.

It is strange however, that the previous install still works with the MPU9250 sensor...
I just tested the new 2023_10_20_beta image with pypilot version 0.42 on a pizero, but was not able to 'level' the alignment. It does not reset to pitch/heel 0.0/0.0, but remains at something like 70/160. It does do the Accelerometer 'cube' calibration and the Compass 'circle on the sphere' calibration all right, but without proper alignment, it cannot be used.

The (pypilot store bought GY9250) IMU is beyond doubt, because when I test it with the 2021_11_16 image, it calibrates as advertised.

The plot thickens. When I click 'Level' on a PyPilot 0.42 on Openplotter, running pypilot at the prompt, I get this:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/pypilot", line 33, in <module>
    sys.exit(load_entry_point('pypilot==0.42', 'console_scripts', 'pypilot')())
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/dist-packages/pypilot/autopilot.py", line 520, in main
    ap.iteration()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/dist-packages/pypilot/autopilot.py", line 371, in iteration
    data = self.boatimu.read()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/dist-packages/pypilot/boatimu.py", line 479, in read
    self.alignmentPose = list(map(lambda x, y : x + y, self.alignmentPose, aligned))
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'aligned' referenced before assignment
Error in atexit._run_exitfuncs:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/multiprocessing/popen_fork.py", line 27, in poll
    pid, sts = os.waitpid(self.pid, flag)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/dist-packages/pypilot/autopilot.py", line 176, in cleanup
    pid = os.waitpid(-1, os.WNOHANG)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/dist-packages/pypilot/autopilot.py", line 194, in cleanup
    raise KeyboardInterrupt # to get backtrace on all processes
KeyboardInterrupt
closing autopilot

Now my suspicion is, that on that new image it also aborts pypilot for the same reason, but there it runs as a service and pypilot is restarted immediately again. I will check that now (have to reburn the SD card first). Btw, I do the calibration from a pypilot plugin 0.40.30.0 from an ubuntu 20.04 laptop.
And it's confirmed: running pypilot at the tinycore prompt of the 2023_10_20_beta image, it aborts when the button 'level' is clicked, with the same error. This might be the cause of the above problems.

Also with this new image, it seems to disconnect the wifi very regularly, compared to the old image that does not do that - all with the same hardware, openplotter access point, etc. I have not enough handles to diagnose this on tinycore, so it's a bit vague for a report, but it would definitely prevent me from switching to this image.
... and I see it was fixed 10 days ago ;-) When can we get a new beta image? I'd love to have this new NAV mode!
Pages: 1 2