OpenMarine

Full Version: Pypilot motor controller hardware out of stock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, 

Looking to get going on this project now that the Rasberry Pi 4 are back in stock only to find that the motor controllers are out of stock.

Are there alternate motor controller hardware that can be purchased or is stock of the pypilot, less expensive motor controller expected to be restocked in the near future?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Cheers,

Steve
I should be getting more next week.
(2023-11-11, 10:01 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: [ -> ]I should be getting more next week.

Hello and fantastic. 

I looked and they are in stock. I am having a rough time ordering the plastic enclosure with it as well. If it is not available I will order anyway and 3D print one, but would prefer the clear. 

The store indicates if I want an enclosure, I should select it....but there does not appear to be a method to select it.

I will wait for your response before ordering.

Cheers,

Steve
I am not doing enclosures at the moment but you may find some 3d printable enclosures:
https://github.com/pypilot/pypilot_models

I prefer tpu for the cover because it is flexible.
Hi, I am planning to substitute and old Robertson / Simrad autopilot. Electronics has brokwn but the hidraulic pump works OK and has a 12v / 7.6 A label.

Do you think the normal controller will be enough or I need de High Power one (which seems out of stock)?.

Thanks
Hello,
The small motor controller specification is 7A and 15A stall. Sure...it may work but right at the limit of the drivers. Pushing electronics that hard results in excessive heat, heat is the death of electronics......does not seem to be a good idea to save a few $$ only to have to do it twice or have it fail during heavy use aka...when you have bad weather helm.

If I were you, I would get the larger motor controller. Buy it nice, or buy it twice!!
The regular controller has been used on hydraulic pumps though I do not really recommend it. It could overheat if pressed hard especially in an enclosure, but if you were to put a fan on it for example you could increase the rating that way.
(2023-12-19, 05:55 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: [ -> ]The regular controller has been used on hydraulic pumps though I do not really recommend it.  It could  overheat if pressed hard especially in an enclosure, but  if you were to put a fan on it for example you could increase the rating that way.

Thanks, do you know when it would be available?(out of stock in store)
probably a week or two.
(2023-12-21, 03:44 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: [ -> ]probably a week or two
Thanks. Will wait.
Pages: 1 2