OpenMarine

Full Version: Raspberry pi 5 and OP4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
ahh! Thanks for reporting this! I seem incapable of the simplest changes without breaking something. Try updating from git now.
Just added line

from resolv import *

in the beginning of pypilot/values.py - no more crashes.
yes, I have corrected in git as well.
(2024-02-23, 09:23 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: [ -> ]yes,  I have corrected in git as well.

Cool Ciao Sean, so the hat also works on the pi 5?
As far as I know, yes, but unfortunately I do not have a pi 5, and I am struggling with income. I cannot afford to buy one at this time. I am told the gpio does not work with pi 5 which means wired buttons may not work until some code changes are made, but I would assume i2c, spi and uart continue to work which means the hat should be mostly working.
Is any simple way to pacify pypilot service to try to open all ports to find GPS, and instead use gpsd instead. it looks like when i hook pipilot as service it takes Maiana port to itself and Maiana app can't use it. If I start it later (as service or standalone), all looks works ok together.
Yes, there are two files:
~/.pypilot/serial_ports
~/.pypilot/blacklist_serial_ports

If you leave both empty it might have annoying behavior you describe. Otherwise you could put just the ports you want it to use in the first file, and/or the ports you dont want it to use in the blacklist file.

It should also be smart and not try to use devices gpsd is using as well, but if you find this to be untrue, let me know and for now put the port in the blacklist file
(2024-02-27, 02:59 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, there are two files:
~/.pypilot/serial_ports
~/.pypilot/blacklist_serial_ports

If you leave both empty it might have annoying behavior you describe.    Otherwise you could put just the ports you want it to use in the first file, and/or the ports you dont want it to use in the blacklist file.

It should also be smart and not try to use devices gpsd is using as well, but if you find this to be untrue, let me know and for now put the port in the blacklist file

Thanks, it is good to know about blacklist_serial_ports.
Short question, if i set pypilot to start as service, does it starts from root or pi, my general knowlage says it will start from root?
and if it starts from root, it will not find .pypilot directory in root-s home, so i need to to do simlinks or so.

BTW, do you know how OP starts apps?
Normally the pypilot service should run as a regular user, potentially pypilot or pi, depending on the system.

normally pypilot is a systemd service if systemd is used (as in OP and most others) because it has a faster startup
Hi,  get pypilot king of stable running on Rpi4.

Even pypilot_hat partially works. I found library Rpi-lgpio which provides the same API as Rpi.gpio.
https://rpi-lgpio.readthedocs.io/en/rele...stall.html

It is little tricky to install, you need to uninstall
$ sudo apt remove python3-rpi.gpio

then install lgpio
$ sudo pip3 install --break-system-packages rpi-lgpio

(unfortunately need to do it over pip3, python3-rPi-lgpio is non available in our distribution.

I made physical buttons work on my Rpi 5.
Pages: 1 2 3