OpenMarine

Full Version: [SOLVED] USB manager ver 0.12.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have two RS422 to USB adapters and a USB GPS puck hooked up to a pi 3.
The USB manager only recognizes two devices in auto setup and doesn't give me the option in 'add' to add the third device. If I delete all devices in the USB manager it then shows me three devices that I can add but as soon as I add one device, I am only allowed one more for a total of two devices.
Under the NMEA0183 tab, when I highlight one of the devices and double click to edit, then go to 'port', one of the available ports is listed twice in the drop down selector.
I have also strange behavior in the USB manager under 0.12.0
Was first suspecting that my powered USB hub has died and used another hub but same behavior: neither on autoconfig nor manually I get USB devises recognized. I suspect that some leftovers from previous USB settings block new reading.

Is there a way to delete all old settings and start new from scratch for the USB and Sensor settings only?
There wasn't any change in USB-manager since month.
I had a situation where rpi does recognize a usb-serial with serial and next time without serial number.
You can try recognize by port for all usb-serial.
If you need more help we need to know what's the result of "lsusb".
I did not try to use the USB manager in earlier versions so I don't know when the issue showed, just that it is there.
Below is my 'lsusb' output. Devices 4, 5 and 6 are my external USB devices.
Looking at this I can guess what the issue is - vendor and product numbers are the same for two of the devices which could easily mess with the works. Is there a work-around if one has two or more of the same device ? Both device 4 and device 5 are NMEA0183 to USB converters. I will try 'by port'.
Thanks !

pi@openplotter:~ $ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 006: ID 067b:2303 Prolific Technology, Inc. PL2303 Serial Port
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 1a86:7523 QinHeng Electronics HL-340 USB-Serial adapter
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 1a86:7523 QinHeng Electronics HL-340 USB-Serial adapter
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMSC9512/9514 Fast Ethernet Adapter
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Yes ! 'by port' works and solves both the issue in the USB manager tab as well as the port selection in the NMEA0183 window!

Thanks!!!!!