OpenMarine
OpenPlotter 2 roadmap - Printable Version

+- OpenMarine (https://forum.openmarine.net)
+-- Forum: OpenPlotter (https://forum.openmarine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://forum.openmarine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: OpenPlotter 2 roadmap (/showthread.php?tid=1992)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: OpenPlotter 2 roadmap - Sailoog - 2019-11-07

(2019-11-07, 04:50 PM)geoffr98 Wrote: How do I set OpenPlotter to automatically open up OPCN on boot as it was with version 1?  (I'm sure I'm just missing a setting).

thanks,
Geoff.

openCPN installer - autostart opencpn / full screen

RE: OpenPlotter 2 roadmap - ddelorme - 2019-11-11

(2019-10-27, 02:58 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: How does the voice controlled autopilot work?   I am interested in supporting this for pypilot.

he sends voice commands though his phone to a rpi? i have his contact but i have been working so much i have not got back to him... I would love it too.

RE: OpenPlotter 2 roadmap - SkipperEarly - 2019-11-13

I just started testing OP2 - great I like it - thanks guys for all your efforts!

One observation which you may like to address:

When you start OP-setting and then open from within this dialog any other prog like e.g. -Network the resulting dialog is sized exactly over the OP-setting dialog. This could result in several dialogs being on top of each other.
Maybe to either store the last dialog size/position or have them opened tabbed (slightly right/down) would help to avoid this.

RE: OpenPlotter 2 roadmap - BeMarek - 2019-11-13

Hi Sailoog,

please add polish language to Crowdin.
I could do some translations and maybe engage some polish sailors to contribute to the project.

Marek

RE: OpenPlotter 2 roadmap - Sailoog - 2019-11-14

(2019-11-13, 11:21 PM)BeMarek Wrote: Hi Sailoog,

please add polish language to Crowdin.
I could do some translations and maybe engage some polish sailors to contribute to the project.

Marek

Done: https://crowdin.com/project/openplotter

I will add Polish to all apps as soon as the current strings are translated in crowdin platform. Thanks!

RE: OpenPlotter 2 roadmap - Sailoog - 2019-11-14

(2019-11-13, 07:27 AM)SkipperEarly Wrote: I just started testing OP2 - great I like it - thanks guys for all your efforts!

One observation which you may like to address:

When you start OP-setting and then open from within this dialog any other prog like e.g. -Network the resulting dialog is sized exactly over the OP-setting dialog. This could result in several dialogs being on top of each other.
Maybe to either store the last dialog size/position or have them opened tabbed (slightly right/down) would help to avoid this.

Good point, but that window position feature is not responding to my orders, maybe a wx bug...

RE: OpenPlotter 2 roadmap - Sailoog - 2019-11-15

openplotter-dashboards app has been released today. It contains Instrument Panel, Sail Gauge, KIP, Node Red Dashboard and Influxdb/Chronograph/Kapacitor/Grafana.

Please test and report. This message is especially aimed to advanced users of Node Red Dashboard and Influxdb/Chronograph/Kapacitor/Grafana.

thanks!

All apps for OpenPlotter Starting (what's that?) are done. After some debugging and translations we will be ready to publish it.

RE: OpenPlotter 2 roadmap - Peter— - 2019-11-16

Hi all

I can’t install ais radar on OpenCPN 5 - I also can’t find it through apt-get install although I see all the other plugins when it hit the tab key. Any idea of what might be going on? I had it working perfectly on OpenCPN 5 with Openplotter v1.2.x

Kind Regards,
Peter

RE: OpenPlotter 2 roadmap - MatsA - 2019-11-17

Please test and report. This message is especially aimed to advanced users of Node Red Dashboard and Influxdb/Chronograph/Kapacitor/Grafana.

Hi ! Nice update !

Some feedback….. as requested ;-)
Done a rough test with the new Dashboard app on a RPi 4, 2 Gb.  RPi updated to latest OS Ievel and running the plaka.log file as input, it looks very good !
I’m a newbie with Grafana but configured the DB and did a setup just showing Depth and Speed Over Ground in a Graph. So OK !
In NodeRed I did a test with 2 of the supplied SK examples, ”adjust-depth” and ”high-wind-speed-alarm”, and another homemade application. Worked, so also OK !

Some thoughts…..
Think that the Install/Uninstall Icons should be placed at the same place in every application, se picture.
I had to copy the plaka.log file 
sudo cp /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/samples/plaka.log /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@signalk/
so i could use it as Filestream input. Not the same compared to the original SignalK ?

Some load figures….
For the moment I’m running RPi with the setup mentioned above + AIS receiving with the RTL-AIS package and the CPU load is 38% and RAM use is 95%

So, all in all, thanks for Your awesome work !

PS 
For Forum readers, extended install instructions is found here
https://pysselilivet.blogspot.com/2019/08/openplotter-beta-v2-quick-install-guide.html
DS

RE: OpenPlotter 2 roadmap - Sailoog - 2019-11-19

(2019-11-16, 11:59 PM)Peter— Wrote: Hi all

I can’t install ais radar on OpenCPN 5 - I also can’t find it through apt-get install although I see all the other plugins when it hit the tab key. Any idea of what might be going on? I had it working perfectly on OpenCPN 5 with Openplotter v1.2.x

Kind Regards,
Peter

OpenPlotter 1.2 was based on debian strecth / ubuntu xenial and all opencpn plugins had version for these systems.

OpenPlotter 2 is based on debian buster / ubuntu bionic and some opencpn plugins do not have version for these sustems yet. This should be reported to opencpn developers here: http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f134/

You have to ask for the bionic version of your requested plugins. Once they are built, they will be able to be installed in openplotter 2 and ubuntu 18.

Let me know if you do not get an answer and I will try to contact too.